Casadean sites in Cantal (15)


ALLANCHE

The priory Saint John was from the diocese of Clermont and not St Flour. It was located 87 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was founded in the time of St. Robert, thanks to a donation from his disciple Raoul "Passereau", completed by the Mercoeur. The priory maintained 2 monks. The church was the patronage of the prior. The prior was decimator (XIVth century). The prior, who lived in a stronghold that Jean de Berry, apaganist Auvergne had authorized to strengthen it in 1346. The prior was lord righteous for its censitaires (1506). The seigniory was a vassal of Mercoeur.

Useful information :
Mairie – 30 Grande Rue de l’Abbé de Pradt – 15160 ALLANCHE
Tel : 04 71 20 41 59 / Fax : 04 71 20 41 81
Email : mairie.allanche@wanadoo.fr
Net :www.allanche.fr

ALLANCHE (Le Bac)

Le Bac was a parish of Allanche and a Casadean lordship. In 1283, Béraud, lord of Mirefleurs, paid homage to his rights to the abbot.

Useful information :
Mairie – 30 Grande Rue de l’Abbé de Pradt – 15160 ALLANCHE
Tel : 04 71 20 41 59 / Fax : 04 71 20 41 81
Email : mairie.allanche@wanadoo.fr
Net :www.allanche.fr

ANTIGNAC


The chapel Notre-Dame du Roc-Vignonnet was under the patronage of the prior of the priory Saint-Robert-de-Vignonet in 1373 (Antignac).

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 15240 ANTIGNAC
Tel : 04 71 40 21 16 / Fax : 04 71 40 24 54
Email : mairie.antignac@wanadoo.fr

ANTIGNAC (Vignonet)

The priory Saint-Robert was located 139 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It existed from the time of Saint Robert and the abbot Seguin d'Escotay died there in 1093. The priory maintained two monks. The church was given to Saint-Robert by his disciple the lord-troubadour Raoul "Passereau" under the patronage of the prior in 1373 as well as the chapel of Antignac.
It was a Casadean lordship since the founding, with direct censive and justice. The prior of Vignonet was in a way the lieutenant of the abbot of La Chaise-Dieu in the Artense, regions where the Casadeans had feudal rights, witness the tributes rendered between 1296 and 1374 by the lords of Saignes, Ventadour and of Turenne.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 15240 ANTIGNAC
Tel : 04 71 40 21 16 / Fax : 04 71 40 24 54
Email : mairie.antignac@wanadoo.fr

BEAULIEU (Champs)

The Sainte-Madeleine priory of the diocese of Clermont was located 27 km from Port-Dieu (Confolent-Port-Dieu - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19) and united in the fourteenth century to the sacristy of Port-Dieu. The church, former dependency of Sauxillanges (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dome - 63), was under the patronage of the prior in 1373.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 15270 BEAULIEU
Tel : 04 71 40 34 36

CHALIERS (Ruynes)

The priory was located 80 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1261, under the control of Chanteuges (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43), he passed like this one to the abbey church, then was ceded by the abbot to the conventual monastery in 1370. The church was patronage of the prior : 1467, 1657-1701.
The right of custody of the Lord of Chaliers on the priory was bought by the prior in 1261. The abbey of Chanteuges which depended in particular the Priory of Chaliers was yielded to Etienne de Merceour in 1137.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 15320 CHALIERS
Tel : 04 71 23 44 64 / Fax : 04 71 23 48 74
Email : mairiede.chaliers@wanadoo.fr

COLTINES (Touls)

The priory depended on the diocese of Clermont (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dome - 63), then on Saint-Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15). It was located 90 km from Lavaudieu (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). It was founded as a result of the donation by William the Younger and his son Robert Dauphin of the land of Touls, in 1173, on the condition of establishing a house of nuns. This one depended on Comps (Lavaudieu - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43) in the 14th century and in 1670. The prioress was decimator. She had a censive in direct and all justice.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 15170 COLTINES
Tel : 04 71 73 21 35 / Fax : 04 71 73 26 35
Courriel : coltines@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.coltines.com

FRIDEFONT (Magnac)

The priory was located 103 km from La Chaise-Dieu.Il was known at the time of its union with that of Saint-Michel, before 1381 and again in the eighteenth century. The church was the patron of the prior in the fourteenth century, since sunk in the dam Grandval (Fridefont - FRANCE - Cantal - 15). The prior was a judge for his censitaires.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 15110 FRIDEFONT
Tel/Fax : 04 71 23 59 01
Courriel : mairie.fridefont@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.mairiedefridefont.fr

FRIDEFONT (Mallet)

The priory was located 103 km from La Chaise-Dieu, depending on that of Chanteuges (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43), united like this to the abbey mense. The church depended on the priory (early 14th century) currently submerged in the lake dam Grandval (Fridefont - FRANCE - Cantal - 15). The prior had a public group of several manses in the parishes of Mallet, Magnac, Sarrus, Faveyrolles, Bournoncle, Chaliers, Maurines and Chaudes-Aigues (All of FRANCE - Cantal - 15), which the abbot exchanged in 1337 for property in Brivadois, while preserving the stronghold for which the lord of Châteauneuf (Riom-és-Montagne - FRANCE - Cantal - 15) paid homage to him.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 15110 FRIDEFONT
Tel/Fax : 04 71 23 59 01
Courriel : mairie.fridefont@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.mairiedefridefont.fr

GIOU-DE-MAMOU

The priory was located 153 km from La Chaise Dieu. Mentioned in the early fourteenth century, he was dependent on La Chaise-Dieu. The church was from the patronage of the prior (early 14th century). He had two monks.

Useful information :
Mairie – Boissonnade – 15130 GIOU-DE-MAMOU
Tel : 04 71 47 85 95 / Fax : 04 71 47 85 99
Courriel : mairiegiou@orange.fr
Net : www.mairie-gioudemamou.fr

JOU-SOUS-MONJOU

The Priory Saint-Bonnet was located 155 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was ruined by Rovers in the 14th century.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 15800 JOU-SOUS-MONJOU
Tel : 04 71 49 57 78 / Fax : 04 71 49 51 82

LIEUTADES

The priory Saint-Martin was located 135 km from La Chaise-Dieu, it existed in the eleventh century. The priory maintained 2 monks. The church was from the patronage of the prior in the 14th century.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 15110 LIEUTADES
Tel : 04 71 73 80 62 / Fax : 04 71 73 81 06
Email : mairie.lieutades@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.lieutades.fr

PAULHENC (Turlande)

The priory Saint-Saturnin was located 126 km from La Chaise-Dieu and was known in 1275. The priory maintained two monks. The church was the patron of the prior in the early fourteenth century. The prior had a dispute with the lord of Turlande about a chapel he had built in his castle Turland where was born St. Robert. Taken for arbiter, the abbot Albert de Molette decided in 1275 that the lord would have the patronage and the collation of the chapel, but that he would be required to pay the prior an annual fee. The prior had an important censive.

Useful information :
Mairie – 21 rue du 19 mars 1961 – 15230 PAULHENC
Tel : 04 71 64 76 34 / Fax : 04 71 64 76 92
Email : paulhenc.mairie@wanadoo.fr

RUYNES-EN-MARGERIDE (Le Morle)

The priory depended on that of Chanteuges (FRANCE- Haute-Loire - 43) before 1276, united with him to the abbey mense, mentioned in 1393. The prior had the patronage of the church of MORLE in the early fourteenth century. The prior was decimator. The seigniory of Morle, consisting of a censive with justice on the Morle, Estuberte and Le Mas d'Anglard, was sold, in 1569, at the time of the first alienation of a part of the temporal of the clergy: it is thus must understand "Le Morle who has alienated.".

Useful information :
Mairie – BP 6 – 15320 RUYNES-EN-MARGERIDE
Tel/Fax : 04 71 23 41 59
Email : mairieruynes@yahoo.fr

SAINT-BONNET-DE-CONDAT (anciennement Saint-Bonnet-de-Marcenat)

The church dating from the fourteenth century.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 15190 SAINT-BONNET-DE-CONDAT
Tel/Fax : 04 71 78 41 64
Email : mairie.stbonnetdecondat@orange.fr
Net : www.commune-saint-bonnet-de-condat.fr

SAINT-GEORGES (Saint-Flour Nord)

Under the patronage of the prior of the rural priory Saint-Michel, the church of Saint Georges was located 88 km from La Chaise-Dieu, it was given to La Chaise-Dieu by Géraud de Turlande, brother of the founder, at the presentation of the prior to the fourteenth century. The prior was decimator on the parish of Saint-Georges.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 15100 SAINT-GEORGES
Tel : 04 71 60 09 91 / Fax : 04 71 73 02 67
Email : mairie-stgeorges@orange.fr

SAINT-GEORGES (Saint-Michel-de-Broussadel)

The rural priory (Saint-Michel) was located 88 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Founded probably in the time of Saint-Robert, it is mentioned about 1342. The priory maintained two monks. The prior had the patronage of the churches of Saint-Georges, Saint-Gal and Vabres (all of FRANCE - Cantal -15). The prior was decimator at Saint-Georges (XIVth century). The prior who resided in the castle of Saint-Michel, was lord justice for his censitaires in the parish, the execution of the sentences of high justice returning to the lord of Mercoeur guardian of the priory.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 15100 SAINT-GEORGES
Tel : 04 71 60 09 91 / Fax : 04 71 73 02 67
Email : mairie-stgeorges@orange.fr

SAINT-MARTIN-CANTALES (Pléaux)

The Priory of Saint-Martin-Cantalès, 162 km from La Chaise-Dieu was known in 1286 ; it was originally established in the hamlet of St-Julien-des-Ponts, in a loop of the Maronne, parish of Saint-Martin-Cantalès. He was later transferred to the parish church, where he was mentioned in 1535. The priory had two monks. The church depended on La Chaise-Dieu, under the fief of the lord of St. Christopher. The prior was decimator since the purchase of tithes made in 1286.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 15140 SAINT-MARTIN-CANTALES
Tel : 04 71 69 40 55 / Fax : 04 71 69 40 77
Email : mairie.stmartincantales@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-URCIZE

The priory Saint-Urcize, in the diocese of Clermont, then in the diocese of Saint-Flour, is located 125 km from La Chaise-Dieu. He was known in 1184, united before 1339 in the hotel business. The church was from the patronage of the prior at the beginning of the 14th century, and until 1721. The prior possessed a censive in direct and was lord vigilante of Saint-Urcize partly under the fief of Mercoeur.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 15110 SAINT-URCIZE
Tel : 04 71 23 21 39 / Fax : 04 71 23 23 12
Email : mairiesturcize@wanadoo.fr

SEGUR-LES-VILLAS

The priory Saint-Martial, in the diocese of Clermont and not Saint-Flour, was located 99 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It depended on La Chaise-Dieu as early as the 11th century. The priory maintained 2 monks. The church depended on La Chaise-Dieu, from the abbey of St Robert, it remained under the patronage of the prior in the fourteenth century. The Chapel of Our Lady of Valentine depended on it, a place of pilgrimage mentioned as early as 1262 when Robert I of Mercoeur gave it an annuity. The prior had a censive in Segur.

Useful information :
Mairie – 19 rue de la porte du Cezallier – 15300 SEGUR-LES-VILLAS
Tel : 04 71 20 70 06
Email : mairie.segur@wanadoo.fr

SEGUR-LES-VILLAS (Valentine)

The Notre-Dame-des-Valentines chapel was built in 1262 on a hill by the sire of Mercoeur (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43).

Useful information :
Mairie – 19 rue de la porte du Cezallier – 15300 SEGUR-LES-VILLAS
Tel : 04 71 20 70 06
Email : mairie.segur@wanadoo.fr

TRIZAC

The priory Saint-Bauzire was located 128 km from La Chaise-Dieu, mentioned in 1392, and probably in 1373. The church was the patronage of the prior in 1373.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 15400 TRIZAC
Tel : 04 71 78 60 37 / Fax : 04 71 78 65 40
Email : mairie.trizac@wanadoo.fr

VABRES

The chapel was under the patronage of the prior of the priory Saint-Michel-de-Broussadel (Saint-Georges - FRANCE - Cantal - 15).

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 15100 VABRES
Tel/Fax : 04 71 23 90 03
Email : mairie-vabres@wanadoo.fr

VABRES (Saint-Gal)

The church was the patron saint of the prior of Saint-Michel-de-Broussadel (Saint-Georges - FRANCE - Cantal - 15).

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 15100 VABRES
Tel/Fax : 04 71 23 90 03
Email : mairie-vabres@wanadoo.fr

VEBRET (Saignes)

The priory Saint-Victor was located 141 km from La Chaise-Dieu and 11 km from Bort (Bort-les-Orgues - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19), not Broc. Perhaps old dependency of Bort, priory clunisien, the priory was Casadéen in 1381 and already united with Vignonet. The church was the patronage of the prior in 1373. The tithes were paid to the prior (1296).

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 15240 VEBRET
Tel : 04 71 40 20 86 / Fax : 04 71 40 22 30
Email : mairie.vebret@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.vebret.fr