Casadean sites in Italy

 

{Region of Basilicata} FERRANDINA

The church Saint-Avit depended on the priory Santa Maria de Montepeloso (today Irsina) (ITALY - region of Basilicata).

Useful information :
Comune di Ferrandina – Piazza Plebiscito – 75013 Ferrandina
Tel : +39 0835-756111 / Fax : +39 0835-756245
Mail : sindaco@comune.ferrandina.mt.it
Net : www.comune.ferrandina.mt.it

{Region of Basilicata} MONTEPELOSO (today IRSINA)

The conventual priory Sainte-Marie, Montepeloso, a small town in Basilicata, had an Episcopal Church Sainte-Marie-Vieille, in the city and an abbey church (Sainte-Marie-Neuve), outside the walls of the city. Pope Calixtus II united them in 1123 and the abbot of Santa Maria Novella was promoted bishop of Montepeloso. Shortly afterwards, the rebellion of the Count of Montepeloso, Tancred, against the King of Sicily, Roger II brought the capture and destruction of the city (1133). Following his victory, Roger II gave the establishments of Montepeloso to La Chaise-Dieu. Amazing submission, but Roger of Sicily was the brother-in-law Raymond of Saint-Gilles, husband of Mathilde of Sicily and the Count of Auvergne William IV husband of Emme of Sicily.
The conventual priory was composed of seventeen monks and four cloistered officers, cantor, primicier, treasurer and cruiser. Pope Innocent II confirmed Montepeloso's submission to La Chaise-Dieu between 1139 and 1143, when, taken prisoner in Mignano, he had to recognize Roger as King of Sicily. His successors confirmed this dependence on La Chaise-Dieu despite the discontent of the villagers and clerics, the Casadean tutelage, and eager to see the bishopric restored. To calm this discontent, Innocent III proposed that La Chaise-Dieu appoint a bishop of the Italian congregation (1204). Montepeloso was a monastery "nullius diocesis" whose prior called on the bishop of his choice to administer the episcopal sacraments. Guillaume de Barjac was the last Casadean priest of Montepeloso. In 1479, Pope Nicholas V restored the bishopric.

Useful information :
Comune di Irsina – Corso Canio Musacchio – 75022 Irsina
Tel : +39 0835-628711 / Fax : +39 0835-628736
Mail : info@comune.irsina.mt.it
Net : www.comune.irsina.mt.it

{Region of Basilicata} MONTEPELOSO – Finestre (or Caldarosso)

La Iglesia de San Angelo dependía del priorato de Santa María de Montepeloso (hoy Irsina).

Useful information :
Comune di Irsina – Corso Canio Musacchio – 75022 Irsina
Tel : +39 0835-628711 / Fax : +39 0835-628736
Mail : info@comune.irsina.mt.it
Net : www.comune.irsina.mt.it

{Region of Basilicata} MONTEPELOSO – Monti

The church of St. Avit depended on the priory St. Mary of Montepeloso (now Irsina).

Useful information :
Comune di Irsina – Corso Canio Musacchio – 75022 Irsina
Tel : +39 0835-628711 / Fax : +39 0835-628736
Mail : info@comune.irsina.mt.it
Net : www.comune.irsina.mt.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} BEDONIA – Santa Maria de Taro

The priory Sainte-Marie depended on the abbey of Saint-André Borzone (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Liguria-Genoa) (in the 12th century, abandoned around 1393), in the diocese of Piacenza (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Piacenza ).

Useful information :
Comune di Bedonia – Piazza Caduti per la Patria, 1 – 43041 BEDONIA
Tel : +39 0525-824424 / Fax : +39 0525-824150
Courriel : protocollo@comune.bedonia.pr.it
Net : www.comune.bedonia.pr.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} CARPI – Budrione

The church depended on the Abbey Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro (1071) (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena), in the diocese of Modena (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena).

Useful information :
Comune di Carpi – Corso Alberto Pio, 91 – 41012 CARPI
Tel : +39 0596-49111 / Fax : +39 0596-49758
Mail :sindaco@carpidiem.it
Net : www.carpidiem.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} CARPINETI

The priory depended on the Abbey of Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro (1278) (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena), in the diocese of Modena (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena).

Useful information :
Comune di Carpineti – Piazza Matilde di Canossa, 1 – 42033 CARPINETI
Tel : +39 0522-618263 / Fax : +39 0522-718014
Mail :sindaco@comune.carpineti.re.it
Net : www.comune.carpineti.re.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} COLLECCHIO

The priory depended on the Abbey Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro (1278) (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena), in the diocese of Modena (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena).

Useful information :
Comune di Collecchio – Viale Libertà, 3 – 43044 COLLECCHIO
Tel : +39 0521-301111 / Fax : +39 0521-301280
Mail :urp@comune.collecchio.pr.it
Net : www.comune.collecchio.pr.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} COLLECCHIO – Oppiano

The Priory Saint-Michel, existed in 1234. It was at the snack of La Chaise-Dieu in 1353 and was united to the monastery of St. John of Parma (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Parma). A hospice for pilgrims, the Parish Church of Saint Lucia and an important temporal depended on the Priory Saint-Michel.

Useful information :
Comune di Collecchio – Viale Libertà, 3 – 43044 COLLECCHIO
Tel : +39 0521-301111 / Fax : +39 0521-301280
Mail :urp@comune.collecchio.pr.it
Net : www.comune.collecchio.pr.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} COLLECCHIO – Talignano

The Priory Saint-Blaise, mentioned in 1230 and 1299, was founded by the monks of La Rochetta (Fornovo di Taro -ITALIE - region of Emilia Romagna - Parma) between 1150 and 1200, in the diocese of Parma (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Parma).

Useful information :
Comune di Collecchio – Viale Libertà, 3 – 43044 COLLECCHIO
Tel : +39 0521-301111 / Fax : +39 0521-301280
Mail :urp@comune.collecchio.pr.it
Net : www.comune.collecchio.pr.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} CORNIGLIO

The priory depended on the Santa Maria Abbey and San Claudio de Frassinoro (1204) (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena), in the diocese of Parma (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Parma).

Useful information :
Comune di Corniglio – Largo Castello, 1 – 43021 CORNIGLIO
Tel : +39 0521-881221 / Fax : +39 0521-880272
Mail : segreteria@comune.corniglio.pr.it
Net : www.comune.corniglio.pr.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} CORREGIO

The church depended on the abbey of St. Sixtus of Piacenza (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Piacenza) (1185-1187), in the diocese of Reggio (Reggio Emilia - ITALY - Region of Emilia Romagna - Reggio Emilia).

Useful information :
Comune di Correggio – Corso Mazzini, 33 – 42015 CORREGGIO
Tel : +39 0522-630711 / Fax : +39 0522-694772
Mail : comune@comune.correggio.re.it
Net : www.comune.correggio.re.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} FIDENZA – Borghetto

The church depended on the conventual priory St. Mary of La Rochetta (Fornovo-di-Taro - ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna).

Useful information :
Comune di Fidenza – Piazza Garibaldi, 1 – 43036 FIDENZA
Tel : +39 0524-517111 / Fax : +39 0524-527239
Net : www.comune.fidenza.pr.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} FORNOVO DI TARO – Bardone

The church depended on the conventual priory St. Mary of La Rochetta (Fornovo-di-Taro - ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna).

Useful information :
Comune di Fornovo di Taro – Piazza della Libertà, 6 – 43045 FORNOVO DI TARO
Tel : +39 0525-400611 / Fax : +39 0525-30310
Courriel : sindaco@comune.fornovo-di-taro.pr.it
Net : www.comune.fornovo-di-taro.pr.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} FORNOVO DI TARO – Piantano

The Conventual Priory Sainte-Marie was founded following the donation in 1139 by Bishop Lanfranc of several churches of his diocese to La Chaise-Dieu. The priory maintained six monks. It was a rich and influential priory whose incumbent played the role of prosecutor of the abbot of La Chaise-Dieu for the affairs concerning the Italian affiliated abbeys.
The Prior had under his control the Priory of Oppiano (Collecchio - ITALY - Emilia Romagna region) and the churches of Bardone (Fornovo-di-Taro), Borghetto (Fidenza), Oppiano (Collecchio), Piantona (Fornovo-di- Taro), Sissa, Torricella (ITALY - Apulia region) and Treblano (Solignano).

Useful information :
Comune di Fornovo di Taro – Piazza della Libertà, 6 – 43045 FORNOVO DI TARO
Tel : +39 0525-400611 / Fax : +39 0525-30310
Courriel : sindaco@comune.fornovo-di-taro.pr.it
Net : www.comune.fornovo-di-taro.pr.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} FORNOVO DI TARO – Sivizzano

The Priory Sainte-Marguerite was located near La Rocchetta (Fornovo-di-Taro - ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna). It was mentioned in 1230 and 1299, called "Cella" (sanctuary) by Benedict XII. He had three monks. The prior was decimator.

Useful information :
Comune di Fornovo di Taro – Piazza della Libertà, 6 – 43045 FORNOVO DI TARO
Tel : +39 0525-400611 / Fax : +39 0525-30310
Courriel : sindaco@comune.fornovo-di-taro.pr.it
Net : www.comune.fornovo-di-taro.pr.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} FRASSINORO

The abbey of Santa Maria and San Claudio, was one of the most important of the modern Apennines, founded in 1071 by Beatrice of Tuscany and her daughter Mathilde. The founders endowed it with twelve villages around with their territory, their churches, their castles, their men on whom they left all right. This was the origin of a small monastic principality : the Terra delle Badia. The abbey of Frassinoro received in 1077 from Pope Gregory VII the privilege of exemption as property of the Roman church. The abbey enjoyed spiritual and temporal jurisdiction. In 1107, Pope Pascal II submitted Frassinoro to La Chaise-Dieu. From 1173, Frassinoro had to swear the sovereignty of Modena (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena) and became vassal lordship. In 1261, the Abbey of Frassinoro had to give up temporal jurisdiction to the Municipality of Modena. There followed conflictual relations between the Ape and Casadean monks ...

Useful information :
Comune di Frassinoro – Piazza Miani, 16 – 41044 FRASSINORO
Tel : +39 0536-971015 / Fax : +39 0536-971002
Courriel : info@frassinoro.net
Net : www.frassinoro.net

{Region of Emilia Romagna} FRASSINORO – Roncosigifredo

The church depended on the Abbey Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro, diocese of Modena (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena).

Useful information :
Comune di Frassinoro – Piazza Miani, 16 – 41044 FRASSINORO
Tel : +39 0536-971015 / Fax : +39 0536-971002
Courriel : info@frassinoro.net
Net : www.frassinoro.net

{Region of Emilia Romagna} FRASSINORO – Riccovolto

The chapel (XIII century) depended on the Abbey Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro, in the diocese of Modena (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena).

Useful information :
Comune di Frassinoro – Piazza Miani, 16 – 41044 FRASSINORO
Tel : +39 0536-971015 / Fax : +39 0536-971002
Courriel : info@frassinoro.net
Net : www.frassinoro.net

{Region of Emilia Romagna} FRASSINORO – San Geminiano

The hospice depended on the Abbey Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro, in the diocese of Modena (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena).

Useful information :
Comune di Frassinoro – Piazza Miani, 16 – 41044 FRASSINORO
Tel : +39 0536-971015 / Fax : +39 0536-971002
Courriel : info@frassinoro.net
Net : www.frassinoro.net

{Region of Emilia Romagna} GUASTALLA

The church belonged to the abbey of St. Sixtus of Piacenza (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Piacenza) (1119), to the diocese of Reggio (Reggio Emilia - ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Reggio Emilia).

Useful information :
Comune di Guastalla – Piazza Mazzini, 1 – 42016 GUASTALLA
Tel : +39 0522-839733 / Fax : +39 0522-824834
Mail :urp@comune.guastalla.re.it
Net : www.comune.guastalla.re.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} LIGONCHIO

The church depended on the Abbey Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro (1077) (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena), in the diocese of Reggio (Reggio Emilia - ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Reggio Emilia).

Useful information :
Comune di Ligonchio – Via Enzo Bagnoli, 16 – 42039 LIGONCHIO
Tel : +39 0522-899121 / Fax : +39 0522-899616
Mail :ligonchio@comune.ligonchio.re.it
Net : www.comuneligonchio.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} LIGONCHIO – Ospitaletto

The church depended on the Abbey Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro (circa 1213) (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena), in the diocese of Reggio (Reggio Emilia - ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Reggio Emilia).

Useful information :
Comune di Ligonchio – Via Enzo Bagnoli, 16 – 42039 LIGONCHIO
Tel : +39 0522-899121 / Fax : +39 0522-899616
Mail :ligonchio@comune.ligonchio.re.it
Net : www.comuneligonchio.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} LUZZARA

The church belonged to the abbey of St. Sixtus of Piacenza (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Piacenza) (1119), to the diocese of Reggio (Reggio Emilia - ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Reggio Emilia).

Useful information :
Comune di Luzzara – Via Avanzi, 1 – 42045 LUZZARA
Tel : +39 0522-223811 / Fax : +39 0522-223800
Mail :info@comune.luzzara.re.it
Net : www.comune.luzzara.re.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} MODENA – Macognano

The church depended on the Abbey of Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena), in the diocese of Reggio (Reggio Emilia - ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Reggio Emilia).

Useful information :
Comune di Modena – Piazza Grande, 5 – 41100 MODENA
Tel : +39 0592-0311 / Fax : +39 0592-032620
Mail :piazzagrande@comune.modena.it
Net : www.comune.modena.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} MONTEFIORINO

The chapel depended on the Abbey Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena), in the diocese of Modena (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena).

Useful information :
Comune di Montefiorino – Via Rocca, 1 – 41045 MONTEFIORINO
Tel : +39 0536-962811 / Fax : +39 0536-965535
Mail :segreteria@comune.montefiorino.mo.it
Net : www.comune.montefiorino.mo.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} MONTEFIORINO – Rubbiano

The church depended on the Abbey Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena), in the diocese of Modena (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena).

Useful information :
Comune di Montefiorino – Via Rocca, 1 – 41045 MONTEFIORINO
Tel : +39 0536-962811 / Fax : +39 0536-965535
Mail :segreteria@comune.montefiorino.mo.it
Net : www.comune.montefiorino.mo.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} MONTEFIORINO – Vitriola

The church depended on the Abbey Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena), in the diocese of Modena (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena).

Useful information :
Comune di Montefiorino – Via Rocca, 1 – 41045 MONTEFIORINO
Tel : +39 0536-962811 / Fax : +39 0536-965535
Mail :segreteria@comune.montefiorino.mo.it
Net : www.comune.montefiorino.mo.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} NOVELLARA – Campagnola

The church depended on the Abbey Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro (1071) (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena), in the diocese of Reggio (Reggio Emilia - ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Reggio Emilia).

Useful information :
Comune di Novellara – Piazzale Marconi, 1 – 42017 NOVELLARA
Tel : +39 0522-655454 / Fax : +39 0522-652057
Mail :sindaco@comune.novellara.re.it
Net : www.comune.novellara.re.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} PALAGANO

The church depended on the Abbey Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena), in the diocese of Modena (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena).

Useful information :
Comune di Palagano – Via XXIII Dicembre, 74 – 41046 PALAGANO
Tel : +39 0536-961515 / Fax : +39 0536-961672
Mail :info@comune.palagano.mo.it
Net : www.comune.palagano.mo.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} PALAGANO – Medola

The priory depended on the Abbey Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena), in the diocese of Modena (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena). The church belonging to Santa Maria Abbey and San Claudio de Frassinoro, diocese of Modena.

Useful information :
Comune di Palagano – Via XXIII Dicembre, 74 – 41046 PALAGANO
Tel : +39 0536-961515 / Fax : +39 0536-961672
Mail :info@comune.palagano.mo.it
Net : www.comune.palagano.mo.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} PARMA –San Basilide

The church belonged to the St. Blaise priory of Talignano (Collecchio - ITALY - - region of Emilia Romagna - Parma)), to the diocese of Parma (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Parma).

Useful information :
Comune di Parma – Piazza Garibaldi, 1 – 43100 PARMA
Tel : +39 0521-2181 / Fax : +39 0521-284283
Mail :sindaco@comune.parma.it
Net : www.comune.parma.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} PELLEGRINO PARMENSE – Carpadasco

The priory was from the diocese of Piacenza (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Piacenza). It was mentioned on the end of the fourteenth century. He had three monks.

Useful information :
Comune di Pellegrino Parmense – Via Roma, 20 – 43047 PELLEGRINO PARMENSE
Tel : +39 0524-64131 / Fax : +39 0524-64569
Mail :segreteria@comune.pellegrino-parmense.pr.it
Net : www.comune.pellegrino-parmense.pr.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} PIACENZA

The Abbey of St. Sixtus of Piacenza (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Piacenza) was founded in 860 by Angelberge, wife of the Emperor Louis II, for young girls eager to devote themselves to God. Richly endowed, enjoying the largesse of princes, ruled by abbesses from the most illustrious families, she was fatally implicated in Italian political struggles. During the Quarrel of Investitures, the abbess Fébronie took the party of the emperor to the chagrin of Countess Mathilde of Tuscany, protector of the abbey. Fearing that control of the monastery would pass to the emperor, Mathilde made herself the accuser of Fébronie before Pope Pascal II. He ordered the expulsion of the nuns and replaced them with monks.
Casadeans were then called upon. A group of monks, under the leadership of the Abbe Odon, was introduced to the abbey of Saint-Sixte in 1112. But on the death of Mathilde in 1115 and of Pascal II in 1119, the abbot Calixte II authorized the abbess Fébronie to return to Saint-Sixte. The Casadean monks could only return to Saint-Sixte in 1129. From the 13th century, La Chaise-Dieu no longer had the means to help the Saint-Sixte abbey, which slowly declined until 1425 when it was united. to the Congregation of St. Justine of Padua.

Useful information :
Comune di Piacenza – Piazza Cavalli, 2 – 29100 PIACENZA
Tel : +39 0523-4921 / Fax : +39 0523-329273
Mail :urp@comune.piacenza.it
Net : www.comune.piacenza.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} PIACENZA – Mucinasso

The church belonging to the Abbey of Saint Sixtus of Piacenza (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Piacenza), in the diocese of Piacenza.

Useful information :
Comune di Piacenza – Piazza Cavalli, 2 – 29100 PIACENZA
Tel : +39 0523-4921 / Fax : +39 0523-329273
Mail :urp@comune.piacenza.it
Net : www.comune.piacenza.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} PIACENZA – Quartazzola

The monastery (given in 879) depended on the abbey of Saint-Sixte de Plaisance (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Piacenza), It was passed to the San Salvatore abbey of Pulsano in Piacenza in 1142.

Useful information :
Comune di Piacenza – Piazza Cavalli, 2 – 29100 PIACENZA
Tel : +39 0523-4921 / Fax : +39 0523-329273
Mail :urp@comune.piacenza.it
Net : www.comune.piacenza.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} REGGIOLO

The church depended on the Abbey Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro (1071) (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena), in the diocese of Reggio (Reggio Emilia - ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Reggio Emilia ).
The lordship was a land ceded by Frassinoro in exchange for Ospitaletto in 1213.

Useful information :
Comune di Reggiolo – Piazza Martiri, 38 – 42046 REGGIOLO
Tel : +39 0522-213711 / Fax : +39 0522-973587
Net : www.comune.reggiolo.re.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} REGGIO NELL’EMILIA

The priory Saint-Claude (passed to the bishop in 1447) depended on the Abbey of Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena), in the diocese of Reggio Nell'Emilia (Reggio Emilia - ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Reggio Emilia).

Useful informations :
Comune di Reggio Nell’Emilia – Piazza Prampolini, 1 – 42100 REGGIO NELL’EMILIA
Tel : +39 0522-4561 / Fax : +39 0522-456299
Mail :comune.reggioemilia@cert.provincia.re.it
Net : www.municipio.re.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} SALSOMMAGIORE TERME – Faieto

The church depended on the Abbey Saint-Sixte de Plaisance (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Piacenza), in the diocese of Piacenza.

Useful information :
Comune di Salsomagiore Terme – Piazza Libertà, 1 – 43039 SALSOMMAGIORE TERME
Tel : +39 0524-580111 / Fax : +39 0524-580199
Mail : urp@comune.salsomaggiore-terme.pr.it
Net : www.comune.salsomaggiore-terme.pr.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} SISSA

The church depended on the conventual priory St. Mary of La Rocchetta (Fornoue - ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Parma).

Praktische Informationen :
Comune di Sissa – Viale della Rocca, 6 – 43018 SISSA
Tel : +39 0521-527011 / Fax : +39 0521-877160
Mail : sindaco@comune.sissa.pr.it
Net : www.comune.sissa.pr.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} SOLIGNANO – Prelerna

The priory Saint-Félix, in the diocese of Parma (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Parma), was located 33 km from La Rocchetta (Fornoue - ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Parma). He was mentioned in 1230 and 1299. He had 3 monks.

Useful information :
Comune di Solignano – Via Capoluogo, 1 – 43040 SOLIGNANO
Tel : +39 0525-511611 / Fax : +39 0525-511625
Mail : segreteria@comune.solignano.pr.it
Net : www.comune.solignano.pr.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} SOLIGNANO – Treblano

The church depended on the conventual priory St. Mary of La Rocchetta (Fornoue - ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Parma).

Useful information :
Comune di Solignano – Via Capoluogo, 1 – 43040 SOLIGNANO
Tel : +39 0525-511611 / Fax : +39 0525-511625
Mail : segreteria@comune.solignano.pr.it
Net : www.comune.solignano.pr.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} TIZZANO VAL PARMA – Isola

The church depended on the Abbey Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro (1071) (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena), in the diocese of Parma (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Parma).

Useful information :
Comune di Tizzano Val Parma – Piazza Roma, 1 – 43028 TIZZANO VAL PARMA
Tel : +39 0521-868935 / Fax : +39 0521-868937
Mail : sindaco@comune.tizzano-val-parma.pr.it
Net : www.comune.tizzano-val-parma.pr.it

{Region of Emilia Romagna} VILLA MINOZZO – Monzone

The church depended on the Abbey Santa Maria and San Claudio de Frassinoro (ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Modena), in the diocese of Reggio Nell'Emilia (Reggio Emilia - ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna - Reggio Emilia).

Useful information :
Comune di Villa Minozzo – Piazza della Pace, 1 – 42030 VILLA MINOZZO
Tel : +39 0522-801122 / Fax : +39 0522-801359
Net : www.comune.villa-minozzo.re.it

{Region of Liguria} BORZONASCA

The monastery of St. Andrew, in the diocese of Genoa (ITALY - Liguria), was an old religious house founded by the monks of Bobbio (dependent on the monks until 972). When Borzone passed into the state by the Republic of Genoa in the twelfth century, there was no longer any monastic life. In 1184, Archbishop Ugo Della Volta decided to restore monastic life in Borzone. To do this, he called on the monks of La Chaise-Dieu, henceforth six religious houses, a hospice and 21 churches depended on Borzone (until 1535).

Useful information :
Comune di Borzonasca – Piazza Severino, 1 – 16041 BORZONASCA (GE)
Tel : +39 0185-340003 / Fax : +39 0185-340489
Net : www.comuneborzonasca.it

{Region of Liguria} BORZONASCA – Acero

The church belonged to the abbey of St. Andrew Borzone, diocese of Genoa (ITALY - Liguria).

Useful information :
Comune di Borzonasca – Piazza Severino, 1 – 16041 BORZONASCA (GE)
Tel : +39 0185-340003 / Fax : +39 0185-340489
Net : www.comuneborzonasca.it

{Region of Liguria} BORZONASCA – Borgonovo-Ligure

The church belonged to the abbey of St. Andrew Borzone, diocese of Genoa (ITALY - Liguria).

Useful information :
Comune di Borzonasca – Piazza Severino, 1 – 16041 BORZONASCA (GE)
Tel : +39 0185-340003 / Fax : +39 0185-340489
Net : www.comuneborzonasca.it

{Region of Liguria} BORZONASCA – Prato-Sopralacroce

The priory Sainte-Marie (15th century), depends on the Abbey of St. Andrew Borzone, the diocese of Genoa (ITALY - Liguria).

Useful information :
Comune di Borzonasca – Piazza Severino, 1 – 16041 BORZONASCA (GE)
Tel : +39 0185-340003 / Fax : +39 0185-340489
Net : www.comuneborzonasca.it

{Region of Liguria} BORZONASCA – Temossi

Useful information :
Comune di Borzonasca – Piazza Severino, 1 – 16041 BORZONASCA (GE)
Tel : +39 0185-340003 / Fax : +39 0185-340489
Net : www.comuneborzonasca.it

{Region of Liguria} COGORNO – Breccanecca

The church was under the patronage of the conventual priory of Graveglia (ITALY - Liguria - Genoa). It depended on the Abbey of St. Andrew Borzone, diocese of Genoa (ITALY - Liguria).

Useful information :
Comune di Cogorno – Piazza Aldo Moro, 1 – 16030 COGORNO (GE)
Tel : +39 0185-38571 / Fax : +39 0185-380825
Mail : info@comune.cogorno.ge.it
Net : www.comune.cogorno.ge.it

{Region of Lombardy} PAVIA

San Marino Abbey was founded by Astaulf, king of the Lombards in the 8th century. Emperor Otto II gave it to the church of Pavia in 976. The episcopal monastery of San Marino seems to have experienced a complete decadence, so Pope Paschal II took it under his protection from any episcopal jurisdiction and submitted it to The Chair-God in 1107.
In the Casadean congregation, the abbot was elected by the monks of the place, then confirmed by La Chaise-Dieu to whom he took an oath of fidelity and obedience.

Useful information :
Comune di Pavia – Piazza Municipio, 2 – 27100 PAVIA
Tel : +39 0382-3991 / Fax : +39 0382-399227
Mail :sindaco@comune.pv.it
Net : www.comune.pv.it

{Region of Apulia} BITETTO

The Church of St. Madeleine depended on the priory of Montepeloso (now Irsina) (ITALY - region of Basilicata). It was located in Puglia, near the Adriatic.

Useful information :
Comune di Bitetto – Piazza Moro – 70020 BITETTO
Tel : +39 0803-829111 / Fax : +39 0809-921163
Courriel : sindaco@comune.bitetto.ba.it
Net : www.comune.bitetto.ba.it

{Region of Apulia} TORRICELLA

The church depended on the conventual priory St. Mary of La Rocchetta (Fornovo-di-Taro - ITALY - region of Emilia Romagna).

Useful information :
Comune di Torricella – Via Ten. Minniti – 74020 TORRICELLA
Tel : +39 0999-573007 / Fax : +39 0999-573366
Net : www.comune.torricella.ta.it

{Region of Piedmont} ALESSANDRIA – Campi

The church was united to the monastery of the nuns Rocca delle Donne (ITALY -Piémont - Alexandria) in 1248, in the diocese of Vercelli (ITALY -Piémont - Vercelli).

Useful information :
Comune di Alessandria – Piazza Liberta, 1 – 15100 ALESSANDRIA
Tel : +39 0131-515111 / Fax : +39 0131-515413
Mail :sindaco@comune.alessandria.it
Net : www.comune.alessandria.it

{Region of Piedmont} ROCCA DELLE DONNE

The conventual Sainte-Marie priory of nuns in the diocese of Vercelli (ITALY -Piémont - Vercelli) was located 520 km from la Chaise-Dieu. The monastery was founded between 1167 and 1177 by the Marquis of Montferrat, William III and his sister Adélaïde, with the help of Comps-Lavadieu (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43) (Alexander III). In the thirteenth century he kept under the prioress, 18 nuns, and some converses. The beginning of the monastery was difficult, the Marquis of Montferrat having previously submitted to the abbey of Fruttuaria (San Benigno-Canavese - ITALY - Piedmont - Turin) who did not leave in peace the nuns from 1171 to 1182 where they lasted reside in their dependence on Marenzana. However, with the support of the Marquis, Adelaïde and Pope Alexander III, they eventually won, and therefore the priory no longer met with serious difficulties, although the Bishop of Vercelli has claimed, without success The Popes Lucius III in 1184 and Honorius III in 1224 confirmed it to La Chaise-Dieu.
Relations with Chaise-Dieu were good. The nuns themselves elected their prioress, who swore allegiance and obedience to the abbot who confirmed her. For the most important affairs, the abbot was solicited. These good relations were maintained for a long time by the presence of French nuns (in the XIIIth century: the prioress Agnès "of Auvergne", the nuns Alix and Agnes "of Outremont" In addition, besides the monastery of nuns existed a priory Casadéen of three monks, a unique example in the Benedictine congregation of a double monastery.The Casadeen prior attended the Chapter deliberations when they related to the management of property and took the significant title of "syndic and prosecutor of the prioress and nuns". The monks were also responsible for the spiritual direction of the nuns, but the prior did not have the potestas paterna on them, which belonged only to the Abbé de la Chaise-Dieu.Several churches were under the patronage of the prioress :
- Rocca Delle Donne was confirmed by Pope Lucius III in 1182
- Marenzana was confirmed in 1182
- Trino, chapel of Borgonovo in 1184 when the pope confirmed it to the nuns, parish church in 1215
- Santa Maria Maddalena was given to the nuns around 1236
- Campi was united to the monastery in 1248
- Santa Maria de Vallebegnana, where was installed in 1252 a small priory of two nuns.
The monastery was rich, as evidenced by the charter given by the Marquis William IV of Montferrat in 1224, confirming the previous donations of William III in 1167 and Conrad and Boniface in 1185. He had the estate and righteousness of Rocca delle Donne, of Camino and Moncalvo and in the mandate of Castel San Petro the jurisdiction over its censitaires.

Useful information :
Comune di Casale Montferrato – Via Mameli, 10 – 15033 Casale Monferrato
Tel : +39 0142-44411 / Fax : +39 0142-444312
Mail :urp@comune.casale-monferrato.al.it
Net : www.comune.casale-monferrato.al.it