Casadean sites in Spain


 

{Region of Aragon} HUESCA (San Vicente de Caneto)

The priory Saint-Vincent, existing around 1337, depended on La Chaise-Dieu in 1398. This Casadean foundation was to be much older, perhaps going back to the expeditions led by French lords in addition to the Pyrenees. We think of two protector princes of La Chaise-Dieu who fought in Aragon during the reign of Sanche-Ramirez (1063-1094): the count of Poitiers Guy-Geoffroy and Raymond IV of Saint-Gilles. The priory maintained four monks.

Useful information :

Ayuntamiento de Huesca –
Plaza Catedral, 1 –
22071 HUESCA
Tel : +34 974 29 21 00 /
Fax : +34 974 29 21 01
Net : www.ayuntamientohuesca.es

{Region of Cantabria} CASTRO URDIALES

The church San Pedro was under the patronage of the prior of Saint-Julien in Samano (Castro-Urdiales - SPAIN - region of Aragon).

Useful information :
Ayuntamiento de Castro Urdiales –
Plaza Ayuntamiento, 1 –
39700 CASTRO-URDIALES
Tel : +34 942 85 90 00 /
Fax : +34 942 85 90 08
Email : alcadia@castro-urdiales.net
Net : www.castro-urdiales.net

{Region of Cantabria} CASTRO URDIALES (Samano)

The Priory Saint-Julien (San Julian) was donated in 1104 by King Alfonso VI and his wife Elisabeth to increase the importance of Saint John with the help of the abundant income of Saint-Julien, royalties collected on maritime traffic and fishing. Confirmed in 1178 by King Alponse IX who in 1192 gave the priory the tithe of royalties collected in the name of the king on the goods entered the port of Castro Urdiales, with the exception of weapons and fabrics for the cathedral of Burgos (SPAIN - region of Castile and Leon). The bishop of Burgos made many difficulties to the priory, challenging his tithe rights, but he was dismissed of his claims in 1210.
The prior had the patronage of the churches of Samano, San Pedro de Castro Urdiales, San Martin de Saporta and Trudelo.

Useful information :
Ayuntamiento de Castro Urdiales –
Plaza Ayuntamiento, 1 –
39700 CASTRO-URDIALES
Tel : +34 942 85 90 00 /
Fax : +34 942 85 90 08
Email : alcadia@castro-urdiales.net
Net : www.castro-urdiales.net

{Region of Castilla y León} BURGOS

The Conventual Priory Saint John was located 1050 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was founded by Adelelme, former abbot of La Chaise-Dieu, thanks to the generosity of the king of Castile Alfonso VI and Queen Constance of Burgundy, in recognition of the miracles attributed to Adelelme, the least of which would have been to train the army Castilian to cross the Tagus to seize Toledo (SPAIN - Toledo). The monastery was completed in 1091, Adelelme (San Lesmes in Spanish), there died in the odor of sanctity on January 30, 1097 and was buried there.
The Prior had thirteen monks. He had close relations with La Chaise-Dieu until the end of the 13th century, went into decadence in the 14th century and left the Casadean congregation in the 15th century.
From the priory, depended the hospital of Saint-Jean-l'Evangéliste, erected by Alphonse VI, richly endowed in 1085 and in 1091 and then submitted to Adelelme.
The priory had an important temporal, from its foundation, he owned land east of the city and the mill of the count, gardens between Arlanzon and Velia which were the subject of 78 accents (convention for which one took a land in the 13th century, a mill and an oven. Donations specify the area of the priory, such as that of 1149 by which King Alfonso VIII gave the priory Villa Vitor Villatoro, north of Burgos.
The prior of Saint John had the patronage of the churches of St. Adelelme (San Lesmes), St. Croix (Santa Cruz), Castanares and Hinestrosa.

Useful information :
Ayuntamiento de Burgos –
Plaza de Jose Antonio 1 –
09071 BURGOS
Tel : +37 947 28 88 00 /
Fax : +37 947 28 88 09
Email : alcadia@aytoburgos.es
Net : www.aytoburgos.es

{Region of Castilla y León} BURGOS (Villafria -Cótar)

The priory was founded following the donation by King Alfonso VII of the church and seigneury of Cóta to Saint John, in 1121, confirmed in Saint John in 1178.

Useful information :
Ayuntamiento de Burgos – Plaza de Jose Antonio 1 – 09071 BURGOS
Tel : +37 947 28 88 00 / Fax : +37 947 28 88 09
Email : alcadia@aytoburgos.es
Net : www.aytoburgos.es

{Region of Castilla y León} BURGOS (Mansilla)

The priory Saint-Felix who maintained 2 monks in 1147, was confirmed in Saint-Jean de Burgos in 1178.

Useful information :
Ayuntamiento de Burgos – Plaza de Jose Antonio 1 – 09071 BURGOS
Tel : +37 947 28 88 00 / Fax : +37 947 28 88 09
Email : alcadia@aytoburgos.es
Net : www.aytoburgos.es

{Region of Castilla y León} SAN ADRIAN DE JUARROS

The old monastery was known in 970. Usurped by lay people, it was donated in 1097 to Saint John of Burgos (SPAIN - region of Castile and León) by the daughters of the Count of Auca, Estefania and Teresa Diaz.

Useful information :

Ayuntamiento de San Adrian de Juarros – Carrer Real, s/n – 09198 SAN ADRIÁN DE JUARROS
Tel : +34 947 42 10 15

{Region of Castilla y León} CASTROJERIZ (Hinestrosa)

The church was donated in 1014 to the priory of Saint John of Burgos (SPAIN - region of Castilla y León). She was under the patronage of the prior.

Useful information :

Ayuntamiento de Castrojeriz – Plaza Mayor, 1 – 09110 CASTROJERIZ
Tel : +34 947 37 70 01 / Fax : +34 947 37 85 20
Email : ayuntamiento@castrojeriz.es
Net : www.castrojeriz.es

{Region of Castilla y León} VILLAYERNO MORQUILLAS

The priory was founded in 1154 following the donation to Saint John of Burgos (SPAIN - region of Castilla y León) of the two villages of Villayerno and Morquillas by King Alfonso VIII, with all their outbuildings, including the parish church.

Useful information :
Ayuntamiento de Villayerno Morquillas – Carrer Oeste, s/n – 09191 VILLAYERNO MORQUILLAS
Tel : +34 947 48 17 00

{Region of Castilla y León} VILLAYUDA – CASTANARES

The church was under the patronage of the prior of Saint John of Burgos (SPAIN - region of Castilla y León).

Useful information :
Ayuntamiento de Castro Urdiales – Plaza Ayuntamiento, 1 – 39700 CASTRO-URDIALES
Tel : +34 942 85 90 00 / Fax : +34 942 85 90 08
Email : alcadia@castro-urdiales.net
Net : www.castro-urdiales.net