Casadean sites in Switzerland

 

{Canton of Vaud} GRANDSON

The conventual priory Saint John was located 380 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was founded between 1132 and 1158 by the lords of Grandson, in favor of La Chaise-Dieu. The priory maintained thirteen monks. The priory was sequestered when Grandson joined the Reformation in 1544.
The prior had the patronage of the churches of Grandson (annex of Giez, become independent in 1437), Concise, Fiez, Giez, Montagny-the-Corbe, Saint-Aignan, Saint-Maurice-Près-Grandson and Vugelles-La-Mothe. The prior was decimator at Fiez, Giez and Grandson. The prior had a censive in direct at Giez and Grandson, under the jurisdiction of the lay lord. He was lord of Fiez, former villa of the Lausanne church usurped by the Grandson who gave it to the priory. The priory was, by right of foundation, under the care of the lords of Grandson.

Useful information :
Administration Communale – Hôtel de Ville – Rue Basse 57 – Case Postale 23 – 1422 GRANDSON
Tel : +41 24 447 00 09 / Fax : +41 24 445 54 05
Email : greffe@grandson.ch
Net : www.grandson.ch

{Canton of Vaud} GIEZ

It was the mother church of Grandson (Vaud region) whose parish had 140 fires in the early fifteenth century. The prior was decimator. The prior had a direct censive, under the jurisdiction of the lay lord.

Useful information :
Administration Communale – Place du Collège – 1429 GIEZ
Tel : +41 24 445 44 42 / Fax : +41 24 445 52 41
Email : commune.giez@bluewin.ch
Net : www.giez.ch

{Canton of Vaud} VUGELLES-LA-MOTHE

The church depended on the priory of Grandson (region of Vaud).

Useful information :
Administration communale – Rue des Trois Fontaines 20 – 1431 VUGELLES-LA-MOTHE
Tel : +41 24 436 10 34
Email : greffe@vugelleslamothe.ch
Net : www.vugelleslamothe.ch

{Canton of Vaud} MONTAGNY-PRES-YVERDON

The church depended on the priory of Grandson (region of Vaud) in 1270.

Useful information :
Administration communale – Grand Rue 3 – 1442 MONTAGNY-PRÈS-YVERDON
Tel : +41 24 447 21 71 / Fax : +41 24 447 21 70
Email : contact@montagny.ch
Net : www.montagny.ch

{Canton of Vaud} FIEZ

The church depended on the priory of Grandson. It was given to the priory by the lords of Grandson (Vaud region). The prior was decimator. The prior was lord of Fiez, former villa of the Lausanne church usurped by the Grandson who gave it to the priory. The priory was, by right of foundation, under the care of the lords of Grandson.

Useful information :
Administration Communale – Au Village 7 – 1420 FIEZ
Tel : +41 24 436 24 10 / Fax : +41 24 436 24 17
Email : commune@fiez.ch
Net : www.fiez.ch

{Canton of Vaud} CHAMPAGNE (SAINT-MAURICE-PRES-GRANDSON)

The church depended on the priory of Grandson in 1270 (region of Vaud).

Useful information :
Administration communale – Rue du Village 1 – 1424 CHAMPAGNE
Tel : +41 24 436 04 20 / Fax : +41 24 436 04 22
Email : champagne@champagne.ch
Net : www.champagne.ch

{Canton of Vaud} CONCISE

The church depended on the priory of Grandson in 1270 (region of Vaud).

Useful information :
Administration Communale – En Chenaux 8 – Case Postale 102 – 1426 CONCISE
Tel : +41 24 434 62 62 / Fax : +41 24 434 62 61
Email : greffe@concise.ch
Net : www.concise.ch

{Canton of Neuchâtel - municipality of Val-de-Travers} MÔTIERS

The church was founded by the monks in the Val de Travers (region of Neuchâtel), a sparsely populated small parish since there were only 120 fires at the beginning of the 15th century, with its annexes Buttes, Saint-Sulpice, and Travers . Priory Saint-Pierre was located 367 km from La Chaise-Dieu. The Benedictine monastery was probably founded by the kings of Burgundy who gave it in the Jura vast spaces almost deserted, it was passed to the bishops of Lausanne, then to the Germanic emperors. Henri IV gave it to the abbey of Payerne (SWITZERLAND - region of Vaud), a subsidiary of Cluny (FRANCE - Saone-et-Loire-71) between 1093 and 1105. In exchange, he had to come to La Chaise-Dieu who possessed in 1107. It was separated from La Chaise-Dieu in 1507 and united to the chapter of Neuchâtel.
The monks had founded the churches and chapels of Motiers, Buttes, Saint-Sulpice and Travers in the Val de Travers ; Engollon, Boudevillers, Valangin, Fountains and Cernier in the Val de Ruz. The monks were decimators in the Vals of Travers and Ruz.

Useful information :
Commune de Val de Travers – Rue du Temple 8 – 2114 FLEURIER
Tel : +41 32 886 43 00 / Fax : +41 32 886 43 10
Email : commune.val-de-travers@ne.ch
Net : www.val-de-travers.ch

{Canton of Neuchâtel - municipality of Val-de-Travers} SAINT-SULPICE

The church was founded by the monks of the priory Saint-Pierre de Môtiers in the Val de Travers.

Useful information :
Administration Communale – Rue du Centre 47 – 1025 SAINT-SULPICE
Tel : +41 21 694 33 50 / Fax : +41 21 694 33 59
Email : info@st-sulpice.ch
Net : www.st-sulpice.ch

{Canton of Neuchâtel - municipality of Val-de-Travers} BUTTES

The church was founded by the monks in the Val de Travers (Neuchâtel region).

Useful information :
Commune de Val de Travers – Rue du Temple 8 – 2114 FLEURIER
Tel : +41 32 886 43 00 / Fax : +41 32 886 43 10
Email : commune.val-de-travers@ne.ch
Net : www.val-de-travers.ch

{Canton of Neuchâtel - municipality of Val-de-Travers} TRAVERS

The church was an annex of Motiers in the Val de Travers.

Useful information :
Commune de Val de Travers – Rue du Temple 8 – 2114 FLEURIER
Tel : +41 32 886 43 00 / Fax : +41 32 886 43 10
Email : commune.val-de-travers@ne.ch
Net : www.val-de-travers.ch

{Canton of Neuchâtel - Municipality Val-de-Ruz} ENGOLLON

The church was founded by the monks of the priory Saint-Pierre de Môtiers, in the Val de Ruz (region of Neuchâtel). It was known in 1228 and counted forty fires in 1416-1417, with its annexes Boudevilliers, Valangin, Fountains and Cernier.

Useful information :
Administration Communale – Rue de l’Epervier 6 – Case postale 68 – 2053 CERNIER
Tel : +41 32 853 21 42 / Fax : +41 32 853 67 66
Email : commune.val-de-ruz@ne.ch
Net : www.val-de-ruz.ch

{Canton of Neuchâtel - Municipality Val-de-Ruz} BOUDEVILLIERS

The church was founded by the monks of the priory Saint-Pierre de Môtiers, in the Val de Ruz.

Useful information :

Administration Communale – Rue de l’Epervier 6 – Case postale 68 – 2053 CERNIER
Tel : +41 32 853 21 42 / Fax : +41 32 853 67 66
Email : commune.val-de-ruz@ne.ch
Net : www.val-de-ruz.ch

{Canton of Neuchâtel - Municipality Val-de-Ruz} FONTAINES

The church was founded by the monks of the priory Saint-Pierre de Môtiers, in the Val de Ruz (region of Neuchâtel), had thirty fires in the early fifteenth century and was since the fourteenth century the seat of a priory with its annex Cernier.

Useful information :

Administration Communale – Rue de l’Epervier 6 – Case postale 68 – 2053 CERNIER
Tel : +41 32 853 21 42 / Fax : +41 32 853 67 66
Email : commune.val-de-ruz@ne.ch
Net : www.val-de-ruz.ch

{Canton of Neuchâtel - Municipality Val-de-Ruz} CERNIER

The church was founded by the monks of the priory Saint-Pierre de Môtiers, in the Val de Ruz (region of Neuchâtel). It was an annex of Fountains.

Useful information :

Administration Communale – Rue de l’Epervier 6 – Case postale 68 – 2053 CERNIER
Tel : +41 32 853 21 42 / Fax : +41 32 853 67 66
Email : commune.val-de-ruz@ne.ch
Net : www.val-de-ruz.ch