Casadean sites of Gard (30)


AIGALIERS (Gattigues)

The priory Notre-Dame, in the diocese of Uzès (FRANCE – Gard – 30), was located 211 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1286, it was united before 1381 to the chamber. The church was from the patronage of the prior (1537-1764). The prior was decimator. The Prior had a censive with lods and sales, alienated partially in 1571. The estate was made of pastures, olives or vines.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Village – 30700 AIGALIERS
Tel : 04 66 22 10 58
Email : mairie.aigaliers@wanadoo.fr

AIGUES-VIVES (Razic)

The priory was mentioned at the end of the 14th century, it was in the diocese of Nîmes (FRANCE - Gard - 30). The church depended on Saint-Baudile (Nimes - FRANCE - Gard - 30) since 1149. The prior had three quarters of tithes, the last quarter returning to the bishop.

Useful information :
Mairie – 108 Grand Rue – 30670 AIGUES-VIVES
Tel : 04 66 35 33 63 / Fax : 04 66 35 04 56
Email : commune.aiguesvives-herault@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.aigues-vives.fr

BARJAC

The Saint-Laurent priory was located 180 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It had to be founded after 1157. It maintained in 1356, 4 monks, then 3 at the end of XIVème century. The church was donated by the bishop of Uzès (FRANCE - Gard - 30), Hugues, before 1080, confirmed at La Chaise-Dieu in 1157 despite the pretensions of the abbot of Cruas (FRANCE - Ardèche - 07) . The prior presented to the cure, served in 1356 by a perpetual vicar and a cleric. The prior had live taxes. The prieural domain consisted mainly of pastures for the sheep breeding : in 1338 the Puy Hospital (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43) bought lambs from the prior of Barjac.

Useful information :
Mairie – Place de la Mairie – Le Château – 30430 BARJAC
Tel : 04 66 24 50 09 / Fax : 04 66 24 54 36
Email : mairie.barjac@wanadoo.fr
Net : barjac.fr

BARJAC (Marricamp)

p style="text-align: justify;>The rural priory Sainte - Marie was united to that of Barjac (FRANCE - Gard - 30) before 1381.

Useful information :
Mairie – Place de la Mairie – Le Château – 30430 BARJAC
Tel : 04 66 24 50 09 / Fax : 04 66 24 54 36
Email : mairie.barjac@wanadoo.fr
Net : barjac.fr

BEAUCAIRE

The conventual priory Saint-Nazaire, then Notre-Dame, in the diocese of Arles (FRANCE - Bouches-du-Rhône - 13), was located 270 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was founded around 1096 following the donation of Raymond of Saint-Gilles. The priory maintained in the fourteenth century the prior, a sacristan and five cloisters. The priory ravaged by the Huguenots (1598) was secularized by Pope Clement VIII in 1598. The prior had the patronage of the churches given to La Chaise-Dieu by Raymond de Saint-Gilles : Our Lady (called "Apple" where was transferred the priory probably after the Albigensian wars), Sainte-Paque (destroyed at the end of the 14th century) and Saint-Nazaire (primitive seat of the priory) and that of Sabran. The prior was decimator at Beaucaire. The count had given to the monks, "for their subsistence," all the ovens of the city, both high and low, and one-tenth of the market, and all the royalties he levied on the pastures, the woods, the fields and the fishponds of the country of Argence, part of the diocese of Arles located on the right bank of the Rhone.

 

 

Useful information :
Mairie – Place Georges Clemenceau – BP 134 – 30300 BEAUCAIRE
Tel : 04 66 59 10 06 / Fax : 04 66 59 30 40
Email : webmestre@beaucaire.fr
Net : www.beaucaire.fr

BEZOUCE

The priory Saint-André was mentioned at the end of the 14th century, in the diocese of Nîmes (FRANCE - Gard -30). The church depended on Saint-Baudile (Nîmes- FRANCE - Gard - 30) since 1149. The prior had two thirds of the tithes, the other third being the bishop.

Useful information :
Mairie – 7 Route Nationale – 30320 BEZOUCE
Tel : 04 66 75 24 23
Email : mairie@bezouce.org
Net : www.bezouce.org

BOUCOIRAN

The priory Saint-Pierre was located 208 km from La Chaise-Dieu. He was known in 1463, at the collation of the abbot of La Chaise-Dieu. The church was the patronage of the prior.

Useful information :
Mairie – 1 Rue des Orangers – 30190 BOUCOIRAN-ET-NOZIERES
Tel : 04 66 83 30 18 / Fax : 04 66 54 02 43
Email : mairie.boucoiran@wanadoo.fr

BOUQUET

The priory Saint-Martin was located 203 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1290, the priory was at the collation of the abbot of La Chaise-Dieu despite the contrary claims of the bishop of Uzès (FRANCE - Gard - 30). The church was the patronage of the prior. The prior shared the tithes with the bishop.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Puech – 30580 BOUQUET
Tel : 04 66 72 94 86 / Fax : 04 66 72 99 74
Email : mairie.bouquet@wanadoo

CONCOULES

The priory Saint-Etienne, in the diocese of Uzès (FRANCE - Gard - 30), was known in 1316, it was united to Saint-Baudile (Nîmes, FRANCE - Gard - 30) before 1381. The church was the patronage of prior. The prior was to feed and host, one night during Advent and another during Lent, the mule caravan going to Languedoc for the provisions of wine and salt. The prior was decimator. He was also lord for part.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Village – 30450 CONCOULES
Tel : 04 66 61 15 62 / Fax : 04 66 61 25 95
Email : mairie.concoules@orange.fr
Net : www.concoules.fr

CRUVIERS-LASCOURS

The priory Saint-Baudile, was located 208 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1488, he was at the Abbé de La Chaise-Dieu's snack. The church was the patronage of the prior.

Useful information :
Mairie – Place Chapellier – 30360 CRUVIERS-LASCOURS
Tel : 04 66 83 21 55
Email : mairie.cruvierslascours@gmail.com

EUZET

 

The Saint-Martin priory was located 206 km from La Chaise-Dieu. He was known in 1381. The church was the patron of the prior.

Useful information :
Mairie – Place de la Mairie – 30360 EUZET
Tel : 04 66 83 61 85 / Fax : 04 66 83 66 55
Email : commune.euzet@wanadoo.fr

LANGLADE

p style="text-align: justify;">The priory Saint-Julien was mentioned at the end of the 14th century, in the diocese of Nîmes (FRANCE - Gard - 30). The church was from the patronage of the prior. The prior had three quarters of the tithes, the other quarter going to the bishop.

Useful information :
Mairie – 12 rue Haute – BP 3 – 30980 LANGLADE
Tel : 04 66 81 31 31 / Fax : 04 66 81 44 44
Email : accueil@mairie-langlade.9tel.com
Net : www.langlade.fr

LES PLANS

 

The priory Saint-Martin was located 302 km from La Chaise-Dieu.Il was known in 1366. The parish church was the patronage of the prior.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Grand Raboutié – 30340 LES PLANS
Tel : 04 66 83 14 83 / Fax : 04 66 83 72 25
Email : commune-les-plans@orange.fr
Net : www.lesplans.org

NIMES (Saint-Baudile)

The Conventual Priory Saint-Baudile was located 240 km from La Chaise-Dieu. The monastery was founded at the beginning of the 6th century, on the supposed place of the martyrdom of Saint Baudile, prosperous in the 8th century. It was ruined by Saracen incursions and united to the church of Nîmes in 860. To allow the restoration, those who held it, Raymond de Saint-Gilles, Count of Rouergue, Viscountess of Nîmes, Ermengarde, Bishop Pierre -Ermengaud, submitted it to the Chaise Dieu which was a priory in 1084. The cessation was confirmed by the bishop of Nîmes in 1100 and by Pope Innocent II in 1132.
The conventual priory which counted 45 monks in the eleventh century. In the fourteenth century, he maintained 12 cloisters, besides the prior and three claustral officers: sub-prior, cellarer and sacristan. The prior was a primitive priest and patrion of two parish churches of Nîmes: Saint-Julien, and Sainte-Marie-Madeleine. He also had at the diocese of Uzès (FRANCE - Gard - 30) the patronage of the church of Saint - Denis (FRANCE - Gard - 30).
Prior to the submission to La Chaise-Dieu, Saint-Baudile had under its control other churches of Nîmes: Saint-Martin and Saint-Pierre in the castle of Arènes, Saint-Thomas, Saint-Etienne and Saint-Vincent in the same city that the Casadeans left to the bishop in 1100, in exchange for the transfer of the monastery of nuns of Saint-Sauveur-de-la-Font, in Nîmes, and the church of Uchaud (FRANCE - Gard - 30 ). Subsequently, the bishop of Nîmes attempted to regain full control of the churches of the city and managed to be recognized Saint-Sauveur-de-la-Font by Pope Innocent II in 1141. He came to make claims on Saint-Baudile which he seized by force, forcing the monks to take an oath of fidelity and obedience. The abbot of La Chaise-Dieu, Jourdain de Montboissier, was able, thanks to the intervention of his brother, the abbot of Cluny, Peter the Venerable, to act on the pope: the bishop had to recognize Saint-Baudile exempt from his jurisdiction and to pledge to him of his good will, the churches of Saint-Julien, Bezouce, Langlade and Razic (Aigues-Vives - FRANCE - Gard - 30) (1149).
The prior was decimator at Nîmes, partly and had the tithes of Saint-Denis. The prior had some land, an enclosure of gardens, pieces of land, a certain extent of scrubland, with all jurisdiction over the enclosure of Saint-Baudile. One of his most important revenues was the leyden raised on the goods brought to the fair of Saint-Baudile, attested in 1393, but probably much older and very frequented, in connection with the pilgrimage of the Saint-Baudile, on May 20th. Saint-Baudile had under its control the priories of Bezouce, Langlade, Razic, Saint-Pierre-de-Vacquière, Uchaud and Concoules (All FRANCE - Gard - 30).

Useful information :
Mairie – Place de l’Hôtel de Ville – 30033 NIMES Cedex 9
Tel : 04 66 76 70 01 / Fax : 04 66 21 36 64
Email : mairie@nimes.fr
Net : www.nimes.fr

PARIGNARGUES (Saint-Pierre-de-Vacquière)

The priory Saint-Pierre was mentioned at the end of the 14th century, in the diocese of Nîmes (FRANCE - Gard - 30). The church was donated by Bishop Pierre de Bernis in 1100. The tithes were paid to the prior of Saint-Baudile.

Useful information :
Mairie – Place Louis Bousquet – 30730 PARIGNARGUES
Tel : 04 66 81 13 50
Email : mairie.parignargues@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.parignargues.fr

SABRAN

The church was under the patronage of the prior of Beaucaire (FRANCE - Gard - 30), in the diocese of Arles (FRANCE - Bouches-du-Rhône - 13).

Useful information :
Mairie – 8 rue Florantin Colain – Hameau de Combes – 30200 SABRAN
Tel : 04 66 89 69 09 / Fax : 04 66 39 84 41
Email : mairie.sabran@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.sabran.fr

SAINT-DENIS

The church, in the diocese of Uzès (FRANCE - Gard - 30), was given to Saint-Baudile (Nîmes - FRANCE - Gard - 30) by the bishop of Uzès, Raymond, in 1186. It was under the patronage of the conventual priory Saint-Baudile.

Useful information :
Mairie – Village – 30500 SAINT-DENIS
Tel : 04 66 24 22 78 / Fax : 04 66 60 26 81

SAINT-HIPPOLYTE-DE-CATON

The Saint-Hippolyte priory was located 203 km from La Chaise-Dieu. The priory was at the Abbé de La Chaise-Dieu's snack. The church was the patronage of the prior.

Useful information :
Mairie – Place du Commandant-Espérandieu – 30360 SAINT-HIPPOLYTE-DE-CATON
Tel/Fax : 04 66 83 54 92

UCHAUD

The priory was founded after 1100, it was still mentioned at the end of the 14th century, in the diocese of Nîmes (FRANCE - Gard - 30). The church was the patron of the prior, and that of Vestric (FRANCE - Gard - 30), its annex. The prior had three quarters of the tithes of Uchaud, the bishop the other quarter, and the tithes of Vestric belonged entirely to the prior.

Useful information :
Mairie – 144 avenue Robert de Joly – BP 24 – 30620 UCHAUD
Tel : 04 66 71 11 75 / Fax : 04 66 71 19 95
Email : mairie.uchaud@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.uchaud.fr

VESTRIC

The church was an annex of the patronage of the prior of Uchaud (FRANCE - Gard - 30). The tithes were paid to the prior of Uchaud.

Useful information :
Mairie – 6 Rue de la Mairie – 30600 VESTRIC-ET-CANDIAC
Tel : 04 66 71 11 58 / Fax : 04 66 71 27 60
Email : vestric@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.vestric.fr