Casadean sites of the Puy de Dôme (63)


AIGUEPERSE (La Chapelle d’Andelot)

The priory Notre-Dame was located 130 km from La Chaise-Dieu. He was known in 1293 (account of Jean de Trie, bailiff of Auvergne). The priory maintained 2 monks. The church was the patron saint of the prior in 1373.

Useful information :
Mairie – 153, Grande rue – 63260 AIGUEPERSE
Tel : 04 73 63 60 34 / Fax : 04 73 64 20 69
Email : mairie@aigueperse.fr
Net : www.aigueperse.fr

AIGUEPERSE (Vensat)

The priory Saint-Jean was located 125 km from La Chaise-Dieu. The priory was united before 1381 to that of La Chapelle-d'Andelot (Aigueperse - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63).

Useful information :
Mairie – 153, Grande rue – 63260 AIGUEPERSE
Tel : 04 73 63 60 34 / Fax : 04 73 64 20 69
Email : mairie@aigueperse.fr
Net : www.aigueperse.fr

ARDES-SUR-COUZE (La Mayrand)

The priory was located 90 km from La Chaise-Dieu. The priory was known in 1366, at the Abbot's snack.

Useful information :
Mairie – Place Jean Garnier – 63420 ARDES
Tel : 04 73 71 83 89 / Fax : 04 73 71 83 28
Email : ardes.mairie@wanadoo.fr

ARLANC

The seigniory was with cens, direct and justice on manses in the west of the Dore (Maples and Chassouneyres) bequeathed with the abbey of La Chaise-Dieu in 1270 by Maurice de Saint-Bonnet. This rent seems to belong primitively to the convent. She could then go to the infirmary what would indicate in 1775, a farm lease income from the infirmary Arlanc.

Useful information :
Mairie – Route Nationale – 63220 ARLANC
Tel : 04 73 95 00 03 / Fax : 04 73 95 18 92
Email : mairie.arlanc@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.arlanc.fr

AUBIERE

The church depended on La Chaise-Dieu in the 16th century and probably also in 1373.

Useful information :
Mairie – CS 60044 – 63178 AUBIERE Cedex
Tel : 04 73 44 01 01 / Fax : 04 73 26 77 93
Email : mairie.aubiere@ville-aubiere.fr
Net : www.ville-aubiere.com

AVEZE (Tauves)

The priory Sainte-Marie was located 25 km from Le Port-Dieu (Confolent-Port-Dieu - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19). It was united in the fourteenth century to the infirmary of Port-Dieu and was still quoted in 1535.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63690 AVEZE
Tel/Fax : 04 73 21 11 80
Email : commune_aveze@orange.fr

BAGNOLS (La Tour d’Auvergne)

The priory Saint-Pierre was the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). It was located 25 km from Port Dieu (Confolent-Port-Dieu - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19). The church depended on the Port God in 1157. The prior was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63810 BAGNOLS
Tel/Fax : 04 73 22 20 04
Email : mairie.bagnols63@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.bagnols63.fr

BANSAT (Jumeaux)

The church was Romanesque with a steeple that was fortified in the 14th century to serve as a refuge for parishioners to whom the fortresses of Nonette-Orsonette (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) and Usson (Usson-en-Forez- FRANCE - Loire - 42) no longer provided sufficient protection.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63570 BANSAT
Tel/Fax : 04 73 71 00 34
Email : mairie.bansat@wanadoo.fr

BAS-ET-LEZAT (RANDAN)

The priory Saint Martin was located 116 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was known in 1381, then united to the Priory of Bulhon (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63).

Useful information :
Mairie – 9, rue Adelaïde-d’Orléans – 63310 BAS-ET-LEZAT
Tel/Fax : 04 70 58 91 04
Email : mairie.baslezat@wanadoo.fr

BEAULIEU (Saint-Blaise-de-Taveyrat)

The priory of nuns was in the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). It founded before 1184, it is cited in the seventeenth century.

Useful information :
Mairie – 1 Place de la Mairie – 63570 BEAULIEU
Tel/Fax : 04 73 71 63 76
Email : commune-beaulieu@wanadoo.fr

BILLOM (Pauliat)

The priory Saint-Robert in the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), was located 75 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was founded undoubtedly under the abbey of Durand (1067-1078). It was united before 1323 to the conventual monastery "because the vines came there better than the other places dependent on the abbey" (Chaise-Dieu). The prior had the patronage of Pauliat and Montmorin's churches. But from the fourteenth century, the Pauliat church was no more than a chapel for the use of Casadéens.

Useful information :
Mairie – 10 Bis rue Carnot – 63160 BILLOM
Tel : 04 73 73 37 67 / Fax : 04 73 73 37 60
Email : mairie-billom@orange.fr
Net : www.billom.fr

BLOT-L’EGLISE (MENAT)

The priory was located 134 km from La Chaise Dieu. It was known in 1259 and united to the priory of Teilhede (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). The church was the patronage of the prior.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63440 BLOT-L’EGLISE
Tel/Fax : 04 73 97 42 01
Email : mairieblotleglise@orange.fr

BOUDES

The priory Saint-Loup was located 64 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was known in 1346, it is mentioned in 1535. The priory maintained 2 religious.

Useful information :
Mairie – Place de la Mairie – 63340 BOUDES
Tel/Fax : 04 73 96 50 79
Email : boudes@wanadoo.fr

BOURG-LASTIC

The priory Saint-Fréjoux was located 30 km from Port Dieu (Confolent-Port-Dieu - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19). It was founded in the 12th century by the monks of the Port Dieu and then united to the chamber. The church formerly depended on the Cluniac priory Lavoute-Chilhac (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43), passed to Port Dieu, remained under the patronage of the prior Port Dieu.

Useful information :
Mairie – 20, route de Clermont – 63760 BOURG-LASTIC
Tel : 04 73 21 80 28 / Fax : 04 73 21 86 02
Email : mairie.bourg.lastic@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.bourg-lastic.fr

BRIFFONS

The Notre-Dame priory was from the diocese of Clermont (Confolent-Port-Dieu - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19), located 42 km from Port Dieu (Confolent-Port-Dieu - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19). It was founded by Le Port-Dieu at the latest at the end of the 12th century. The church was from the patronage of the prior (1373).

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63820 BRIFFONS
Tel/Fax : 04 73 22 02 43
Email : mairie.briffons@wanadoo.fr

BROMONT-LAMOTHE

The priory Saint Martin was located 118 km away in La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1259, he was united to Montferrand (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) before 1393. He maintained the prior and a cloister. The church was the patronage of the prior.

Useful information :
Mairie – 20 Place de la Mairie – 63230 BROMONT-LAMOTHE
Tel : 04 73 88 71 16 / Fax : 04 73 88 91 02
Email : mairie.bromont@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.bromont-lamothe.fr

BULHON

The conventual prior Saint-Vitals-et-Agricol is located 94 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was probably founded by Saint Robert in the domain of Beaupommier. It was ravaged by Robert Dauphin around 1193. The priory maintained 6 religious including the prior. The church of Bulhon belonged to La Chaise-Dieu as early as 1052 and remained under the patronage of the prior throughout the Middle Ages, especially in 1373. In the fifteenth century the priory included land, meadows, woods and a pond.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63350 BULHON
Tel : 04 73 68 72 85 / Fax : 04 73 73 81 28
Email : mairie.bulhon@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.bulhon.fr

BULHON (Montgascon)

The castrale chapel depended on Bulhon since the eleventh century, still cited in 1373.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63350 BULHON
Tel : 04 73 68 72 85 / Fax : 04 73 73 81 28
Email : mairie.bulhon@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.bulhon.fr

BUSSEOL (Vic-le-Comte)

The church was originally established on the Puy-St-André (highest point) before 1222 and was transferred at the end of the 14th century in the castle of Busséol, 83 km from La Chaise-Dieu.

Useful information :
Mairie – 1, Rue du Pâtural – 63270 BUSSEOL
Tel/Fax : 04 73 69 03 16
Email : mairie.busseol@wanadoo.fr

CEILLOUX

The church formerly depended on the castle Boissonnelle (Saint-Dier-d'Auvergne - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). It dates from the 16th century with a period pulpit.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63520 CEILLOUX
Tel/Fax : 04 73 70 82 31
Email : ceilloux.mairie@wanadoo.fr

CHAMALIERES (Saint-Victor)

The rural priory was known at the time of its union with Montferrand (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) in 1338. In 1393, it was during the winter the residence of the two monks who were the summer Puy de Dôme (volcano of the Puy chain).

Useful information :
Mairie – BP 39 – 1 place Claude-Wolff – 63400 Chamalières Cedex
Tel : 04 73 19 57 57 / Fax : 04 73 19 57 60
Email : mairie@ville-chamalieres.fr
Net : www.ville-chamalieres.fr

CHAMBON-SUR-LAC

The priory Saint-Jean was located 92 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was known in 1383. The priory maintained 2 monks. The church was patronage of the prior. The prior had a direct censive in the parishes of Chambon, Murol and Saint-Victor-la-Rivière (All FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) on his tenants. The prieural domain included, among others, the meadow given in 1249 by the lord of Murol.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63790 CHAMBON-SUR-LAC
Tel : 04 73 88 61 21 / Fax : 04 73 88 62 59
Email : chambon@sancy.com

CHAMEANE

The priory was located 40 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Near the priory church ceded by Cluny to La Chaise-Dieu at the time of the Council of Clermont (1095), remain the remains of a stronghold framed by a corner tower and dominated by a square dungeon, preceded by a barnyard flanked by circular turrets. It is undoubtedly the most beautiful example still visible of a fortified priory in the fourteenth century, when the great companies of Road and other Flayers ravaged the country.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63580 CHAMEANE
Tel : 04 73 71 31 81 / Fax : 04 73 71 26 71
Email : mairie.chameane@orange.fr

CHAMPAGNAT-LE-JEUNE

The priory Saint-Barthélémy was in the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). It was 38 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1381, he was united before that date to the Hotellerie. The church was the patronage of the prior. The prior was the lord of Champagnat under the high justice of the Dauphin of Auvergne according to the transaction of 1389.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63580 CHAMPAGNAT-LE-JEUNE
Tel/Fax : 04 73 71 28 17
Email : mairie-champagnat-le-jeune@wanadoo.fr

CHANONAT

The priory was from the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). It was located 82 km from Port-Dieu (Confolent-Port-Dieu - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19). It was mentioned in 1367 as a dependency of the Port God and perhaps in 1264. The church depended on the Port-Dieu in 1157, and was the patronage of the prior of Chanonat in 1373. The prior was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie – Place de la Mairie – 63450 CHANONAT
Tel : 04 73 79 41 05 / Fax : 04 73 87 54 17
Email : mairie-chanonat@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.chanonat.fr

CHARNAT (Lezoux)

The church belonged to La Chaise-Dieu since 1502. In 1373, it was the patronage of the Prior of Luzillat-Maringues (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63).

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63350 CHARNAT
Tel/Fax : 04 73 94 75 05
Email : commune.de.charnat@wanadoo.fr

CLERMONT-FERRAND (Jaude – Saint-Alyre)

The abbey of Saint-Alyre Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) remained in the congregation of La Chaise-Dieu that 3 years in the fourteenth century. It is Pope Gregory XII, nephew of the Pope Clement VI, who in 1377 or 1378 subjected the former abbey of St. Alyre to the suburb of Clermont, La Chaise-Dieu, taking advantage of the fact that the new Abbot Casadean, elected in October 1377, André Ayraud, professed of La Chaise-Dieu, was already abbot of Saint-Alyre. A personal union thus preceded the official union. This did not last beyond the pontificate of Gregory XI. His successor Clement VII, at the request of the Bishop of Clermont, replaced St. Alyre under the tutelage of the bishops (1380).

Useful information :
Mairie – 10, rue Philippe Marcombes – BP 60 – 63033 CLERMONT-FERRAND Cedex 1
Tel : 04 73 42 63 63 / Fax : 04 73 42 63 39
Email : contact@ville-clermont-ferrand.fr
Net : www.clermont-ferrand.fr

CLERMONT-FERRAND (Le Puy-de-dôme)

The rural priory was an annex of that of Bromont (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), then of Montferrand (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). The priory was served in summer, from Easter to Saint Michael (September 29) by 2 monks of these priory. It was mentioned in 1392.
The Saint-Barnabé Chapel was donated to the Chaise-Dieu in 1177. It was built on the site of an old Gallo-Roman temple. Subsequently, the monks of Montferrand were content to celebrate Mass for Saint Barnabas (June 11), in the middle of a large audience.

Useful information :
Mairie – 10, rue Philippe Marcombes – BP 60 – 63033 CLERMONT-FERRAND Cedex 1
Tel : 04 73 42 63 63 / Fax : 04 73 42 63 39
Email : contact@ville-clermont-ferrand.fr
Net : www.clermont-ferrand.fr

DALLET (Sarlhat)

The rural priory Saint-Blaise was located 88 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It may have been founded by Saint-Robert and certainly existed at the beginning of the twelfth century, when he maintained the prior and three cloisters whose number was reduced to one as early as the fourteenth century. The prior had the patronage of the church of Dallet in the parish of which it was located, 1373. The prior was decimator in the parish of Dallet. The prior had the lordship of Sarlhat, with the censive.

Useful information :
Mairie – 2, Place de la Halle – 63111 DALLET
Tel : 04 73 83 10 18 / Fax : 04 73 83 10 94
Email : mairie.dallet@wanadoo.fr

DORANGES

The priory Saint-Barthélémy was in the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) 16 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was united to abbey mense before 1338. The parish church was of the patronage of the prior : 1326-1768. The prior was decimator at Doranges and Chambon, notably by the donation of Dauphines de Montlaur, ladies of Creuzet Guerines : 1448. The prior possessed a censive in direct and his field included several tènements near and the land of Brouillet.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63220 DORANGES
Tel : 04 73 72 40 67 / Fax : 04 73 72 44 61
Email : mairiedoranges@orange.fr

DORE-L’EGLISE

The priory Saint-Blaise was from the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). It was located 15 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1333, he was united to the chaplaincy in 1380. The church was the patronage of the prior in 1373, the prior was decimator. The prior had low justice in the part of the parish that depended on him, under the high justice of the Lord of Arlanc (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). In the part of the parish situated to the west of the Dore, La Chaise Dieu had all justice, but the seigniory belonged to the convent. It consisted of two Casadean seigneuries, one located to the west of the Golden River, which included the hamlets of Maples, Chassoneire and Telheyres with high justice of La Chaise Dieu. The rest of the parish on which La Chaise-Dieu had only low justice belonged to the prior of Dore then to the chaplain of the abbey. The rent of the convent thus corresponded to the first seigniory.

 

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63220 DORE-L’EGLISE
Tel : 04 73 95 00 67 / Fax : 04 73 95 09 80
Email : dore-leglise-mairie@wanadoo.fr

ECHANDELYS

The priory Notre-Dame was from the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme – 63). It was located 41 km from La Chaise-Dieu, known in 1381, it was united with the office of The church was the patron of the prior in 1373. The dimenterie was the priory. The prior had a censive direct in the entire parish with certain rights of justice in the fifteenth century.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63220 ECHANDELYS
Tel : 04 73 72 10 67 / Fax : 04 73 72 18 11
Email : echandelys.mairie@wanadoo.fr

EGLISOLLES

The church depended on the priory Saint-Jean de La Chaulme (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) in 1346 and 1439-1463.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63840 EGLISOLLES
Tel : 04 73 95 35 84 / Fax : 04 73 95 96 35
Email : eglisolles.mairie@wanadoo.fr

ESTANDEUIL

The church was under the patronage of the prior Saint-Didier (Saint-Dier-d'Auvergne - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) XVI-XVIIIth century.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63520 ESTANDEUIL
Tel/Fax : 04 73 70 90 86
Email : mairie.estandeuil@orange.fr

FAYET-RONAYE

The priory depended on the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), then Saint-Flour (FRANCE - Cantal -15), 26 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Its foundation dates back to the early days of the abbey. He was united before 1285 in the infirmary. The prior had the patronage of the churches of Fayet (at least 1243-1731), Ronaye (1279-1481). The prior was decimator at Fayet (1281) and Ronaye (1487). Lordship of La Chaise-Dieu from the beginning, the prior was lord of Fayet-Ronaye soue the stronghold of the abbot (1274). The guard belonged primitively to the lord of Beaumont. Ebrard de Chalencon, heir to Beaumont, abandoned his right in 1281.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63630 FAYET-RONAYE
Tel/Fax : 04 73 72 01 96
Email : fayet-ronaye.mairie@wanadoo.fr

FAYET-RONAYE (Ronaye)

The church depended on the priory of Fayet-Ronaye 1279-1481.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63630 FAYET-RONAYE
Tel/Fax : 04 73 72 01 96
Email : fayet-ronaye.mairie@wanadoo.fr

FOURNOLS

The priory Notre-Dame depended on the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). It was located 35 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Founded in the time of Saint Robert, it was united before 1381 to the office of workers of La Chaise-Dieu. The church probably donated to La Chaise-Dieu by Bishop Rencon in 1050, remained the patronage of the prior, 1373.
The priory was to hold the prior and a monk. The prior was decimator (XIV-XVIIth century). The prior possessed a censive directly in all the parish and in summer lord high justice, which to recognize in 1289 the lord of Roche Savine (Saint-Amant-Roche-Savine - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63).

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63980 FOURNOLS
Tel : 04 73 72 11 39 / Fax : 04 73 72 15 90
Email : fournols.mairie@wanadoo.fr

GIMEAUX (Combronde)

The church was attached to the priory Saint-Pierre Teilhede (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) in 1278 and 1373.

Useful information :
Mairie – 20, avenue de la Libération – 63200 GIMEAUX
Tel : 04 73 63 30 37 / Fax : 04 73 63 37 35
Email : mairie.gimeaux@wanadoo.fr

GRANDEYROLLES (Champeix)

The church was in 1239 under the patronage of the prior of Saint-Nectaire (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). The prior was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63320 GRANDEYROLLES
Tel : 04 73 96 27 98
Email : mairies.sivom@orange.fr

GRANDVAL (Saint-Amant-Roche-Savine)

The church was under the patronage of the prior of Le Monestier (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) in 1373 and again in 1715-1732. The prior was decimator. He had a censive in Grandval and the lord of Roche-Savine (Saint-Amant-Roche-Savine - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), of the house of Montboisier, recognized him in 1256 the low justice on its censitaires, the high dwelling to the lay lord. During the assizes of the high justice, the prior had to feed the seigniorial officers, source of conflict until one had limited the number of guests and dishes.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63890 GRANDVAL
Tel/Fax : 04 73 95 71 80
Email : mairie-grandval@wanadoo.fr

JOZE (Médagues)

The priory Sainte-Madeleine was located 92 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was founded around 1904 following the donation by Pierre de Chamalières of his lands of Médagues and Villeneuve to La Chaise-Dieu mentioned in 1392. The prior had two monks. The priory domain included farm buildings and properties including the Villemont Forest.

Useful information :
Mairie – Rue Mar. Turenne – 63350 JOZE
Tel : 04 73 70 20 24 / Fax : 04 73 70 25 05
Email : mairie-joze@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.joze.fr

LA CHAPELLE-AGNON

The priory Saint-Blaise depended on the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). It is located 55 km from La Chaise-Dieu. The priory was founded following the donation in 1200 by Agnon de Meymont of several manses with the dimes of La Chapelle. It was united before 1328 to the sacristy of La Chaise-Dieu, and the sacristan was exempted from sending a cloitrier in 1336. The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu by the Bishop of Clermont Gui de la Tour in 1257 , at the presentation of the abbey: 1437-1740.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63590 LA CHAPELLE-AGNON
Tel/Fax : 04 73 72 20 26
Email : la-chapelle-agnon.mairie@wanadoo.fr

LA CHAULME

The Priory Saint-Jean was 44 km from La Chaise Dieu. Cited in 1157, it maintained in 1355 the prior and 3 cloitriers. It was united with the conventual monastery in 1382, still cited in 1467. The church was served in 1335 by a perpetual vicar and a cleric. The church was the patronage of the prior, like the chapel of MontPeloux (extinct volcano), 1297. The patronage of the prior on the cure of La Chaulme is maintained from 1482 to 1702. It also had the presentation of churches of: Eglisolles (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) (1346, 1439-1463), St Romain (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) (1315-XVIIIth century) in the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). And in that of Puy (Puy-en-Velay - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43): Apinac (FRANCE - Loire - 42) (1339-1680).

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63660 LA CHAULME
Tel : 04 73 95 41 98 / Fax : 04 73 95 49 55
Email : la-chaulme.mairie@wanadoo.fr

LARODDE (Tauves)

The priory Saint-Martin was located 15 km from Port-Dieu (Confolent-Port-Dieu - France - Corrèze - 19). Known in 1212 as a dependency of the Port-Dieu, it still depended on it in 1358. The church depended on Port-Dieu, under the co-patronage of the prior and lay lord of Larodde (1241). The prior of Larodde was decimator. The prior had a censive in direct.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63690 LARODDE
Tel : 09 71 48 53 33 / Fax : 04 73 22 29 43
Email : mairie-larodde@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.mairie-larodde.fr

LE BREUIL-SUR-COUZE

The priory Saint-Michel was 54 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Simple Priory, known in 1271, it was mentioned in the 17th century.

Useful information :
Mairie – Place de la Gare – 63340 LE BREUIL-SUR-COUZE
Tel : 04 73 71 61 09 / Fax : 04 73 71 68 80
Email : mairiebreuil@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.lebreuilsurcouze.fr

LE BREUIL-SUR-COUZE (Chauliat)

A domain depended on the Priory Saint-Michel. It was 3 km from Saint Michel Priory and 60 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Simple priory, it was known in 1271, then mentioned in the 17th century.

Useful information :
Mairie – Place de la Gare – 63340 LE BREUIL-SUR-COUZE
Tel : 04 73 71 61 09 / Fax : 04 73 71 68 80
Email : mairiebreuil@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.lebreuilsurcouze.fr

LE BROC

The church depended on the priory of Grezin in 1184. There was created a community of ready erected chapter in 1546. Their dean was appointed by the abbot of the Chair-Dieu.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63500 LE BROC
Tel : 04 73 89 11 22 / Fax : 04 73 89 25 16
Email : mairie-lebroc@wanadoo.fr

LE BROC (Grezin)

The Saint-Etienne priory was located 63 km from La Chaise Dieu. Known in 1286, it was mentioned in 1392 and in 1467. The priory maintained 2 monks. The prior had the patronage of the churches of Gresin since 1184, and Le Broc which depended on the abbey in 1184. The prior was decimator in Gresin and Le Broc XV-XVII century). The prior possessed, in the justice of Le Broc, a censive direct to Grésin as well as a censive in Le Broc.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63500 LE BROC
Tel : 04 73 89 11 22 / Fax : 04 73 89 25 16
Email : mairie-lebroc@wanadoo.fr

LE MONESTIER

The Saint-Antoine priory of the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) was located 40 km from La Chaise-Dieu. He was known in 1256, then joined the chamber. The priory maintained the prior and a religious. The prior had the patronage of the churches of Monestier (1373 and again in 1635-1708), and Grandval (Saint-Amant-Roche-Savine - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) (1373 and again 1715-1732). The prior was decimator Monestier and Grandval (XIV-XVIIIth century). He had a censive at the Monestier, and the lord of Roche-Savine, of the house of Montboisier, recognized him in 1256 the low justice on his censitaires, the high residing to the secular lord. During the assizes of the high justice, the prior had to feed the seigniorial officers, source of conflict until one had limited the number of guests and dishes.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63890 LE MONESTIER
Tel : 04 73 95 72 45 / Fax : 04 73 95 75 20
Email : le-monestier-mairie@wanadoo.fr

LE MONESTIER (Le Lac)

The parish of Monestier-Roche Savine (Saint-Amant-Roche-Savine - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) was bought in 1424 by Béraud and Louis du Lac.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63890 LE MONESTIER
Tel : 04 73 95 72 45 / Fax : 04 73 95 75 20
Email : le-monestier-mairie@wanadoo.fr

LE VERNET-LA-VARENNE

The priory Notre-Dame depended on the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). It was located 34 km from La Chaise-Dieu. He was united before 1322 to the conventual monastery. The church was from the patronage of the prior 1373, 1684-1768. The seigniory of La Chaise-Dieu came from the legacy of Louis Drac, lord of Châteauneuf (Valz-sous-Chateauneuf - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), in 1368. Part of the lordship was with cens and all justice, it was held until then in the fief of the abbey.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63580 LE VERNET-LA-VARENNE
Tel : 04 73 71 31 21 / Fax : 04 73 71 28 02
Email : mairie.vernetlavarenne@wanadoo.fr

LEMPDES (Pont du Château)

The church was under the patronage of the prior of Marmillat (Lempdes - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) (1184 and 1373).

Useful information :
Mairie – 1, rue Saint-Verny – 63370 LEMPDES
Tel : 04 73 83 74 74 / Fax : 04 73 83 74 75
Email : s.communication@mairie-lempdes.fr
Net : www.ville-lempdes.fr

LEMPDES (Marmilhat)

The convent priory, qualified in 1184 as "monastery of Marmillat" was located 90 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Founded around 1113, it was united to the abbey church in 1352. This rural priory was sold during an alienation of part of the congregation during the drafting of the Pancarte (tax created by King Henry IV in 1596). The priory had the patronage of the annexed churches of Lempdes (1184 and 1373) and Perignat-sur-Allier (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) (1184). The seigneury of the priory with its censive extended in the parishes of Lempdes, Malintrat (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) and Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) under the justice of the chapter from Clermont Cathedral (1362-1467). The big pension due to the abbot of La Chaise-Dieu was proof of the productivity of the censive.

Useful information :
Mairie – 1, rue Saint-Verny – 63370 LEMPDES
Tel : 04 73 83 74 74 / Fax : 04 73 83 74 75
Email : s.communication@mairie-lempdes.fr
Net : www.ville-lempdes.fr

LUZILLAT (Maringues)

The priory Saint-Etienne was located 108 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1366, the priory maintained two monks. The "3 churches" of Luzillat belonged to La Chaise-Dieu as early as 1502. The prior had in 1373 the patronage of the churches of Luzillat, Charnat and Vialle (all three FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). The prior was decimator (XIVth century). The lordship of La Chaise-Dieu was with a censive direct since 1052 and was a member of the castellany of Montgacon (hamlet of Luzillat).

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63350 LUZILLAT
Tel : 04 73 68 60 60 / Fax : 04 73 68 60 42
Email : mairieluzillat@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.luzillat.net

LUZILLAT (Vialle)

The church was under the patronage of the prior of Saint-Etienne (Luzillat).

Useful information :
Mairie – Place de la Mairie – 63350 LUZILLAT
Tel : 04 73 68 60 60 / Fax : 04 73 68 60 42
Email : mairieluzillat@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.luzillat.net

MARINGUES

The priory Notre Dame was located 101 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It probably dated back to the early days of La Chaise-Dieu and existed in 1373. The priory had 3 monks, including the prior. The church was donated around 1050 to La Chaise-Dieu by Bishop Rencon de Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). The prior had a censive at Maringues, with lods and sales.

Useful information :
Mairie – Rue de l’Hôtel de Ville – 63350 MARINGUES
Tel : 04 73 68 70 42 / Fax : 04 73 68 69 69
Email : mairie.maringues@wanadoo.fr

MIREFLEURS

The church was under the patronage of the priory Saint-André-sur-Mirefleurs (Busséol - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63).

Useful information :
Mairie – 7, place de la Mairie – 63730 MIREFLEURS
Tel : 04 73 39 94 21 / Fax : 04 73 39 99 19
Email : accueil@mairie.mirefleurs.fr

MONTFERRAND

The conventual priory (Saint-Robert), located 92 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was founded around 1120 by the Count of Auvergne William VI who established the new town of Montferrand (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), facing the Episcopal City of Clermont and submitted by him and the Pope Calixte II at La Chaise-Dieu, what Aimeric, bishop of Clermont and former Casadean abbot approved in 1156. At the beginning of the 14th century, Montferrand had 7 cloitriers, 2 of which were to remain at Puy-de-Dôme from Easter to Saint Michel (September 29). The Placard speaks only of 5 cloitriers.
The priory was the theater, in 1502, of a violent conflict between the prior, Louis Baille, and his monks, who committed an assault on a priest, broke the door of the priory, devastated the buildings. The abbot of La Chaise-Dieu having refused to intervene, the parliament of Paris committed the abbot of Saint-Alyre (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) to suppress these actions. The priory was united to the minor seminary of Clermont in 1740. During the fourteenth century, several priories were united to that of Montferrand : Orcival (1347), Puy-de-Dome (1392), Saint-Victor (1338), Bromont (1393).

Useful information :
Mairie – Annexe de Montferrand – 52 rue Jules Guesde – 63100 CLERMONT-FERRAND
Tel : 04 73 42 60 95
Email : contact@ville-clermont-ferrand.fr
Net : www.clermont-ferrand.fr

MONTMORIN (Billom)

The church was under the patronage of the priory Saint-Robert (Pauliat) 1373. The prior had a censive with royalties of wheat and wine in the justice of Montmorin.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Clos – 63160 MONTMORIN
Tel : 04 73 68 44 58 / Fax : 04 73 73 49 10
Email : mairie@montmorin.fr
Net : www.montmorin.fr

MUROL

The church was under the patronage of the Priory Saint-Robert of Port-Dieu (Confolent-Port-Dieu - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19), in the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) , Murols (Murol) (1157), later passed to the Casadee priory of Saint-Nectaire (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) (18th century).

Useful information :
Mairie – Place de l’Hôtel de Ville – 63790 MUROL
Tel : 04 73 88 60 67 / Fax : 04 73 88 65 03
Email : mairie.murol@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.murol.fr

NONETTE

The conventual priory Saint-Sixte, then Saint-Nicolas was located 54 km from La Chaise-Dieu. In convent since 1549, it survived until the Revolution. The priory maintained, after the loss of the conventuality, the prior and 2 monks. The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu by the lords or "comtours" of Nonette in the eleventh century, it remained under the patronage of the prior until 1746.

Useful information :
Mairie – 3 Rue Benoît Pinaud – 63340 NONETTE
Tel/Fax : 04 73 71 65 79
Email : mairiedenonette@wanadoo.fr

OLLIERGUES (La Chabasse)

The estate brought a rent to the priory of Saint-Gervais-Sous-Meymont (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). In 1234 the rent was bequeathed until the revolution at the abbey of La Chaise-Dieu.

Useful information :
Mairie – Place de la Mairie – 63880 OLLIERGUES
Tel : 04 73 95 50 26 / Fax : 04 73 95 55 91
Email : mairie.olliergues@orange.fr
Net : www.olliergues.fr

ORCIVAL

The priory Saint-Julien, then Notre-Dame was located 108 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was founded in the 12th century thanks to a donation from the Count of Auvergne and that of Mathieu, known as "the canon", who gave his property as a monastic dowry to his son (1169). It was united to Montferrand (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) in 1347. The priory maintained 2 monks. The church of which the Count held a part, was given by Count William the Younger and his son Robert Dauphin (1177).
They added the chapel of Puy-de-Dôme and made it obligatory for the prior of Orcival to go every year processionally to La Chaise Dieu on the anniversary of the death of Count Robert II, Guillaume's father. The church of Orcival was from the 12th century an important center of pilgrimage to the Virgin, served by a college of priests that the bishop erected as a collegiate chapter in 1245. We do not know all the relations that could exist between the abbey, the priory and the chapter, but the parish priest, member of the chapter remained at the presentation of the prior. The prior was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63210 ORCIVAL
Tel : 04 73 65 82 13 / Fax : 04 73 65 88 30
Email : mairie.orcival@hotmail.fr

ORSONNETTE

The priory Sainte-Madeleine was 52 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Its foundation could go back to the 11th century, and it existed in 1373. It was like Nouette united with the conventual monastery in 1549. The abbot had the right to receive hospitality in the parishes subject to his jurisdiction, he and his suite. The church was donated to La Chaise Dieu by the "comtours" of Nonette (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). She remained under the patronage of the prior, 1373, 1669-1740. The prior was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie – 24 rue les Boujounes – 63340 ORSONNETTE
Tel/Fax : 04 73 96 06 69
Email : commune.orsonnette@wanadoo.fr

PERIGNAT-SUR-ALLIER (Billom)

The church was under the patronage of the prior of Marmilhat (Lempdes - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) (1184). The Pouillés de Bourges are silent about the patronage of the two Pérignat, Pérignat-sur-Allier, 7 km from Marmilhat, and Pérignat-les-Sarliève, 9 km: we opt for the first because surrounded on all sides by Casadean outbuildings.

Useful information :
Mairie – 3, Place Onslow – 63800 PERIGNAT-SUR-ALLIER
Tel : 04 73 69 52 54 / Fax : 04 73 69 50 88
Email : mairie.perignat@gmail.com
Net : www.perignat-es-allier.fr

PESLIERES

The church was under the patronage of the priory Saint-Germain (Saint-Germain-l'Herm - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) in 1256. It was then passed to the bishop of Saint-Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15), early fourteenth century.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63580 PESLIERES
Tel/Fax : 04 73 71 38 67
Email : mairie.peslieres022@orange.fr

PUY-SAINT-GULMIER (Pontaumur)

The church was under the patronage of the prioress of the monastery of Comps-Lavaudieu (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43) and depended on the conventual priory of nuns Saint-Genes (FRANCE - Saint-Genès-Les-Monges - Saint-Hilaire- les-Monges, Puy-de-Dôme - 63) in 1148.

Useful information :
Mairie – La Butte – 63470 PUY-SAINT-GULMIER
Tel : 04 73 79 90 93 / Fax : 04 73 79 90 93
Email : m.puysaintgulmier@laposte.net

PUY-SAINT-GULMIER (Saint-Genes-les-Monges)

The conventual priory of nuns (Saint-Genès) in the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), was located 138 km from La Chaise Dieu. Founded perhaps at the time of Saint Robert (1052-1067), it was put under the pontifical protection by Lucius III. It was placed under the spiritual direction of the Prior of Port-Dieu (Confolent-Port-Dieu - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19) who kept a right of inspection on the monastery: one sees it intervening in 1342 and in 1355 to fix the pension of the nuns. The nuns were 26 in 1342, 16 in 1355, 9 in 1520. The prioress had the patronage of the churches of: Puy-Saint-Gulmier (1148), Saint-Etienne-des-Champs (1358) (both FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). In addition to the priory of Saint-Julien-la-Geneste (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), practically independent, the monastery of Saint-Genes kept under its control the priories of: Lieu-Dieu (Veyre-Monton -FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), Saint-Blaise-of-Taveyrat (Beaulieu - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63).

Useful information :
Mairie – La Butte – 63470 PUY-SAINT-GULMIER
Tel : 04 73 79 90 93 / Fax : 04 73 79 90 93
Email : m.puysaintgulmier@laposte.net

RANDAN (Saint-Clément-de-Regnat)

The church of Saint-Clément-de-Régnat depended on the priory Saint-Clément which depended on the abbey Saint Alyre of Clermont-Ferrand (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). The abbey did not remain in the congregation of La Chaise-Dieu until 3 years, around 1380.

Useful information :
Mairie – 11, Place de la Mairie – 63310 RANDAN
Tel : 04 70 41 50 02 / Fax : 04 70 56 14 79
Email : mairiederandan@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.ville-randan.fr

SAILLANT (Montpeloux)

The chapel was located on the extinct volvan of Montpeloux.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63840 SAILLANT
Tel : 04 73 95 94 06 / Fax : 04 73 95 34 05
Email : saillant.mairie@wanadoo.fr

SAILLANT (Saint-Nectaire)

The church was under the patronage of the prior of Saint-Nectaire (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) (XIII-XVIIth centuries). The prior was decimator and had a censive.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63710 SAINT-NECTAIRE
Tel : 04 73 88 50 41 / Fax : 04 73 88 51 85
Email : info@ville-saint-nectaire.fr
Net : www.ville-saint-nectaire.fr

SAINT-ALYRE-D’ARLANC

The priory Sainte-Hélidie, in the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), was located 10 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1231, he was united at the infirmary. The church was from the patronage of the prior : 1373, at least from 1226 to 1772. The prior was decimator. He had part in justice, under the lord of Clavelier, the profits of this high justice being divided between the prior and the lord. Many conflicts opposed the religious to the lord and were brought before the court of the bailiff of Auvergne.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63220 SAINT-ALYRE-D’ARLANC
Tel : 04 73 72 40 17 / Fax : 04 73 72 44 23
Email : mairiestalyre@orange.fr

SAINT-BONNET-LE-BOURG

The priory Saint-Bonnet of Bourg-St-Bonnet, in the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), was located 20 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was united before 1381 to the abbey mense and in 1549 to the conventual mense. The church was the patronage of the prior. The prior was lord in all justice of Saint-Bonnet-le-Chastel (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), of the house of Montboissier, being charged with the execution of the sentences of high justice pronounced by the bailiffs of Chastel and Bourg sitting together. The rights of the lay lord, as well as the manses he had taken over in fief were held, in tribute to the abbot "bareheaded, without sword, belt or spurs" (1252-1352), the tribute being still returned in 1629.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63630 SAINT-BONNET-LE-BOURG
Tel/Fax : 04 73 72 50 27
Email : mairiedesaintbonnetlebourg@orange.fr

SAINT-DENIS-COMBARNAZAT

The priory Saint-Denis, in the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), was located 107 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Founded probably in the time of Saint-Robert, it was attested in 157. It was united to the conventual monastery in 1352. Two churches depended on the priory Saint-Denis-Combarnezat and Barnezat (Saint-Denis-Combarnezat). The prior go tithes to Saint-Denis-Combarnezat and Saint-André-le-Coq (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). In Saint-Denis-Combarnezat, the prior had seigneuraux rights, cens, lods and sales, in the secular justice of Montgacon (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). In 1275 the prieural area included the buildings, a barn and the Frontfreyde pond.

Useful information :
Mairie – Place de l’Église Notre Dame – 63310 SAINT-DENIS-COMBARNAZAT
Tel/Fax : 04 70 41 51 58
Email : mairie.st-denis-combarnazat@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-DENIS-COMBARNAZAT (Barnezat)

The church depended on the priory Saint-Denis of Saint-Denis-Combarnazat, 1373, since the early days of La Chaise-Dieu.

Useful information :
Mairie – Place de l’Église Notre Dame – 63310 SAINT-DENIS-COMBARNAZAT
Tel/Fax : 04 70 41 51 58
Email : mairie.st-denis-combarnazat@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-DIER-D’AUVERGNE

The priory Saint-Didier was 59 km from La Chaise Dieu. It could have been founded in St. Robert's time. It was united to the conventual monastery in 1378. The priory maintained 3 monks. The church was donated to Robert de Turlande by the bishop of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), mentioned in the false diploma of Henry I of 1052, the church was patron of the prior in 1373. The prior had the patronage of this church and those of Ceilloux (1373), Estandeuil (XVI-XVIIIth century), Saint-Jean-des-Ollières (1373, 1640-1682), Sermentizon (1648-1763) , Trezioux (all five - FRANCE -Puy-de-Dôme - 63). The prieural domain included, in addition to the priory solidly fortified in 1379, fisheries, mills, oven and woods (fifteenth century).

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63520 SAINT-DIER-D’AUVERGNE
Tel : 04 73 70 80 34 /bFax : 04 73 70 79 76
Email : mairie-st-dier@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-DIERY

The priory Saint-Didier was located 81 km from La Chaise-Dieu. He was known in 1366 and in 1392. The priory maintained 2 monks.

Useful information :
Mairie – Saint-Diery Haut – 63320 SAINT-DIERY
Tel : 04 73 96 30 09 / Fax : 04 73 96 30 79
Email : mairie.saint-diery@orange.fr

SAINTE-CATHERINE

The church was under the patronage of the Saint-Germain priory (Saint-Germain-l'Herm - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) (1373). In the parish of Sainte-Catherine around Chateauneuf (Valz-sous-Chateauneuf - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme), the prior had seigneurial rights. In 1369 Louis Drac instituted the abbey legate "of the cens and rentes that it held of her in fief and back-fief".

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63580 SAINTE-CATHERINE
Tel/Fax : 04 73 72 04 33
Email : commune-de-ste-catherine@orange.fr

SAINT-ETIENNE-DES-CHAMPS (Pontaumur)

The church was under the patronage of the priory of Saint-Genes-les-Monges (Saint-Hilaire-les-Monges - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), conventual priory of nuns.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63380 SAINT-ETIENNE-DES-CHAMPS
Tel : 04 73 79 00 81 / Fax : 04 73 79 02 35
Email : mairie.stetiennedeschamps@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.saint-etienne-des-champs.fr

SAINT-GENES-LA-TOURETTE

The priory Sainte-Irénée, in the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), was located 35 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1280, he seems to have followed the fate of Chaméane, when the big companies of Routiers and other Ecorcheurs ravaged the country. The parish church was from the patronage of the prior: 1373, at least until 1735.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63580 SAINT-GENES-LA-TOURETTE
Tel : 04 73 71 31 82 / Fax : 04 73 71 34 00
Email : mairie.stgeneslatourette@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-GEORGES-SUR-ALLIER

The church was under the patronage of the Saint-André Priory (Saint-André-sur-Mirefleurs- FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) in the 15th century.

Useful information :
Mairie – 7 Rue Montfoulhoux – 63800 SAINT-GEORGES-SUR-ALLIER
Tel : 04 73 69 51 15 / Fax : 04 73 69 58 97
Email : mairie-st-georges-es-allier@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.saintgeorgessurallier.fr

SAINT-GERMAIN-LEMBRON (Mauriat)

The priory cited in 1381, was united then to that of Chambezon (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). The church depended on La Chaise-Dieu in the sixteenth and seventeenth century.

Useful information :
Mairie – Place du Désert – 63340 SAINT-GERMAIN-LEMBRON
Tel : 04 73 96 41 39 / Fax : 04 73 96 58 80
Email : commune-st-germain-lembron@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-GERMAIN-L’HERM

The priory Saint-Germain was located 26 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was probably founded by Saint-Robert and certainly existed in 1107. The priory maintained 3 monks. He was united to the conventual monastery in 1786. The prior also had the patronage of the churches of Peslières (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) (1256, later passed to the bishop of Saint-Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15), early fourteenth century), St. Catherine (Saint-Germain-L'Herm) (1373), Saint-Martin-des-Ollières (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). The prior was decimator. He had the seigniory of Saint-Germain from the beginning (ecclesiam sancti Germani martiris cum ipso vico) (1052) and the lords of Chateauneuf (Valz-sous-Chateauneuf - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dome - 63) recognized him all justice without custody (1302-1336). The domain of the prior included, besides the fortified house with prison, rebuilt after 1364, granaries, oven and mill banaux, meadows, the fields of Marchaud and Pine, as well as the vast forest of Saint-Germain.

Useful information :
Mairie – Place de l’Hôtel de Ville – 63630 SAINT-GERMAIN-L’HERM
Tel : 04 73 72 00 56 / Fax : 04 73 72 06 16
Email : st-germain-lherm.mairie@wanadoo.fr
Net : stgermainlherm.com

SAINT-GERMAIN-PRES-HERMENT

The priory Notre-Dame of the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), was located 42 km from Port-Dieu (Confolent-Port-Dieu - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19). Known in 1367 he was united to the chamber of the Port-Dieu. The church was the patron saint of the prior in 1373.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63470 SAINT-GERMAIN-PRES-HERMENT
Tel : 04 73 22 10 50 / Fax : 04 73 22 10 51
Email : st.germain.pres.herment@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-GERVAIS-SOUS-MEYMONT

The priory Saint-Gervais, in the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), was located 67 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1282, it was united to that of Saint-Dier (Saint-Dier-d'Auvergne - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) in 1355, then as to this one to the conventual monastery in 1378 and later directly to the sacristy on which he depended in the 17th century. The priory maintained a prior and a monk. The prior was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63880 SAINT-GERVAIS-SOUS-MEYMONT
Tel : 04 73 95 52 28 / Fax : 04 73 95 56 48
Courriel : st.gervais.sous.meymont.mairie@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-JEAN-DES-OLLIERES

The church was under the patronage of the priory Saint-Didier (Saint-Dier-d'Auvergne - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). It was given by the Bishop of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) in 1225, and depended on Saint-Dier in 1373, 1640-1682.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63520 SAINT-JEAN-DES-OLLIERES
Tel/Fax : 04 73 70 90 17
Email : mstjean@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.saintjeandesollieres.fr

SAINT-JULIEN-DE-COPPEL (Saint-Cirgues)

The rural priory Saint-Cirgues, in the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), was located 74 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was united to the sacristy before 1418 when the convent received it in exchange for the Priory Saint-Rémy (Vergezac - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43), diocese of Puy. It was united to the neighboring priory of Pauliat (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) in 1433. The prior had a censive in Saint-Cirgues, under the fief of the lord of Coppel (XIII-XVIth century) partly alienated in 1563 The prior had tithes at Saint-Cirgues and Saint-Julien-de-Coppel.

Useful information :
Mairie – Rue de la Mairie – 63160 SAINT-JULIEN-DE-COPPEL
Tel/Fax : 04 73 72 50 27
Email : mairie.stjuliendecoppel@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.saintjuliendecoppel.fr

SAINT-JULIEN-LA-GENESTE

The conventual priory of Saint-Julien nuns, in the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), was located 43 km from Saint-Genès-Les-Monges (Saint-Hilaire-les-Monges - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). It was founded by the nuns of Saint-Genès-les-Monges before 1184 where it is cited among its dependencies. The monastery had 30 nuns in modern times. The church depended on Saint-Genès-les-Monges in 1184, then it passed probably Saint-Julien.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63390 SAINT-JULIEN-LA-GENESTE
Tel : 04 73 85 70 93 / Fax : 04 73 85 71 09
Email : mairie.stjulienlageneste@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-LAURE (Ennezat)

The church was under the patronage of the Priory Saint Vital and Agricol de Bulhon (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63).

Useful information :
Mairie – 10, route d’Ennezat – 63350 SAINT-LAURE
Tel : 04 73 33 20 21 / Fax : 04 73 33 29 94
Email : mairie.saintlaure@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-MARTIN-D’OLLIERES

The church was under the patronage of the priory Saint-Germain (Saint-Germain-l'Herm - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). The cure could pass from La Chaise-Dieu to the bishop of Saint-Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15) at the beginning of the 14th century.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63580 SAINT-MARTIN-D’OLLIERES
Tel : 04 73 71 37 90 / Fax : 04 73 71 38 65
Email : mairiesaintmartindollieres@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.saint-martin-dollieres.fr

SAINT-NECTAIRE

The priory Saint-Nectaire was located 83 km from La Chaise Dieu. It was known from 1177. The priory maintained four monks in the fourteenth century. The church was founded formerly on Mount Cornadore where St Nectaire, one of the evangelizers of Auvergne (in the 4th century) was buried, from which it took its name.
Entrance into the heritage of the House of Auvergne, the church was donated by Guillaume VII (Count of Auvergne) to La Chaise-Dieu, before 1177, with all his rights on the place, which approved Pope Alexander III in 1178.
Famous pilgrimage church, it was under the patronage of the prior as well as those of Grandeyrolles (1239), Saillant (XIII-XVIIth century), Murols (XVIIIth century) (all FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). The prior was decimator in the parishes of Saint-Nectaire, Creste, Grandeyrolles and Saillant (XIII-XVIIIth century). The prieural area included the fortified house, known in 1283, gardens, the meadow of Breuil.

 

 

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63710 SAINT-NECTAIRE
Tel : 04 73 88 50 41 / Fax : 04 73 88 51 85
Email : info@ville-saint-nectaire.fr
Net : www.ville-saint-nectaire.fr

SAINT-ROMAIN (Saint-Anthème)

The church of Valenchères was under the presentation of the priory Saint-Jean (La Chaulme - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), (1315-XVIIIth century) in the diocese of Clermont (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63).

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63660 SAINT-ROMAIN
Tel/Fax : 04 73 95 42 56
Email : saint-romain.mairie@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-SANDOUX (Saint-Amand-Tallende)

The priory Saint-Sandoux was located 77 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was probably created in the eleventh century, following the donation of the church, mentioned in 1373 and until the eighteenth century. The priory maintained 2 monks. The church was donated to La Chaise-Dieu in 1078 by a certain Bertrand Ledict. It remained under the patronage of the prior in the fourteenth century.

Useful information :
Mairie – 1 Place de la Mairie – 63450 SAINT-SANDOUX
Tel : 04 73 39 31 89 / Fax : 04 73 39 04 73
Email : st.sandoux.mairie@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.saint-sandoux.fr

SAINT-SAUVES

The priory Saint-Sauveur was located 27 km from the Port Dieu (Confolent-Port-Dieu - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19). He depended on the Port-Dieu. The church probably depended on the priory in 1373.

Useful information :
Mairie – Rue Henri Pourrat – 63950 SAINT-SAUVES-D’AUVERGNE
Tel : 04 73 81 10 55 / Fax : 04 73 81 20 93
Email : mairiedesaint-sauves@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.saint-sauves-auvergne.fr

SAINT-SAUVEUR-LA-SAGNE

The Priory Saint-Sauveur was located 15 km from La Chaise-Dieu. The priory depended on La Chaise-Dieu. It was known in 1358, then held by Cardinal Guy of Bologna. The church was the patron of the prior, and the chapel of Clavelier (1373-1505). The prior was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie – La Sagne – 63220 SAINT-SAUVEUR-LA-SAGNE
Tel : 04 73 72 40 12 / Fax : 04 73 72 45 33
Email : mairie-st-sauveur-la-sagne@orange.fr

SAINT-SAUVEUR-LA-SAGNE (Clavelier)

The castrale chapel depended on the prior of La Chaise-Dieu (1373-1505).

Useful information :
Mairie – La Sagne – 63220 SAINT-SAUVEUR-LA-SAGNE
Tel : 04 73 72 40 12 / Fax : 04 73 72 45 33
Email : mairie-st-sauveur-la-sagne@orange.fr

SAINT-VICTOR-LA-RIVIERE

The priory Saint-Victor was located 93 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Existing since the time of St. Robert, he maintained in 1367 the prior and a cloister. The church was confirmed at La Chaise-Dieu as early as 1052 and remained under the patronage of the prior (14th century). The prior was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63790 SAINT-VICTOR-LA-RIVIERE
Tel : 04 73 88 66 72 / Fax : 04 73 88 80 40
Email : mairie.saintvictor@wanadoo.fr

SERMENTIZON

The church was under the patronage of the Priory Saint-Didier (Saint-Dier-d'Auvergne - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) 1648-1763.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63120 SERMENTIZON
Tel : 04 73 53 19 32 / Fax : 04 73 53 22 08
Email : mairie.sermentizon@wanadoo.fr

TEILHEDE

The priory Saint-Pierre was located 113 km from La Chaise-Dieu. The monastery of Teilhède was founded in the eighth century, ruined by the Normans in the ninth century and entered the heritage of the Church of Auvergne. It was given to La Chaise-Dieu by the ex-Abbe Aimeric, who became bishop of Clermont, between 1111 (where he was elected bishop) and 1146 when Pope Eugene III confirmed to La Chaise-Dieu the priory of Teilhede. It was united to the abbey church in 1313. The priory depended the churches of Teilhede (1373) and Gimeaux (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) (1278 and 1373). The domain consisted of wood, vines, near and fields, alienated in XVI-XVIIth century.

Useful information :
Mairie – Route de Manzat – 63460 TEILHEDE
Tel : 04 73 63 31 90 / Fax : 04 73 63 37 79
Email : mairieteilhede@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.ville-teilhede.com

TREZIOUX

The church was under the patronage of the Priory Saint-Didier (Saint-Dier-d'Auvergne - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). The prior of Saint-Didier shared the tithes of Trézioux with the abbot of La Chaise-Dieu (fifteenth century).

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63520 TREZIOUX
Tel : 04 73 70 80 96 / Fax : 04 73 70 85 98
Email : mairie.trezioux@orange.fr
Net : www.trezioux.fr

VALS-SOUS-CHATEAUNEUF (Chateauneuf-du-Drac)

It is undoubtedly the castrale chapel of Sainte-Catherine-du-Fraisse, it is mentioned in 1178 by Alexander III and again in 1373.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63580 VALZ-SOUS-CHÂTEAUNEUF
Tel/Fax : 04 73 71 32 18
Email : valzsouschateauneuf@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.valzsouschateauneuf.fr

VERRIERES (Champeix)

The priory was united to that of Saint-Dièry before 1381 (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63).

Useful information :
Mairie – 2, Chemin Lachaux – 63320 VERRIERES
Tel : 04 73 88 55 11
Email : commune-verrieres@orange.fr
Net : www.verrieres-auvergne.fr

VERTAIZON

p style="text-align: justify;">The church was confirmed at La Chaise-Dieu by Pope Lucius III in 1184. A chapter was established before the 14th century in the bishop's dependence, which had to eliminate La Chaise-Dieu. The abbot of La Chaise-Dieu was a decimator (1275).

Useful information :
Mairie – 2, Place de la Mairie – 63910 VERTAIZON
Tel : 04 73 68 00 24 / Fax : 04 73 68 05 20
Email : mairie.vertaizon@wanadoo.fr

VEYRE-MONTON (Lieudieu)

The priory of nuns Sainte-Madeleine in the diocese of Clermont, depended on the monastery of Saint-Genès-les-Monges (Puy-Saint-Gulmier - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63). It was located 65 km from Saint-Genes. It was founded in 1184. It is mentioned in the bull of Lucius III.

Useful information :
Mairie – 26 rue du Cheix – BP 23 – 63960 VEYRE-MONTON
Tel : 04 73 69 60 31 / Fax : 04 73 69 69 04
Email : contact@mairie-veyremonton.com
Net : www.mairie-veyremonton.fr

VIC-LE-COMTE (Puy-Saint-André)

The priory Saint-André was originally founded on the Puy-St-André (culminating point) at the boundary of the parishes of Busséol and Mirefleurs, before 1222, cited in 1392 and 1467. It was transferred to Busséol, 83 km from The Chair-God. It was united to the abbey church before 1333, then in 1549 to the conventual monastery. The prior had the patronage of the churches of Busséol (originally established on the Puy-St-André, transferred at the end of the 14th century in the castle of Busséol), Mirefleurs, Saint-Georges-sur-Allier (XVth century) (all three FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63).

Useful information :
Mairie – Place Hôtel de Ville – CS 128 – 63270 VIC-LE-COMTE
Tel : 04 73 69 02 12 / Fax : 04 73 69 12 60
Email : info-mairie@mairie-vic-le-comte.fr
Net : www.vic-le-comte.fr

VINZELLES (Lezoux)

The church was under the patronage of the conventual priory St. Vital and Agricol (Bulhon - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) 1426. The prior was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63350 VINZELLES
Tel/Fax : 04 73 68 70 79
Email : mairiedevinzelles@wanadoo.fr

VIVEROLS (Saillant)

The priory was located 40 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was known at the time of the union to that of La Chaulme (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) in 1267, mentioned in 1467. The parish church was of the patronage of the prior XIVth century. The prior possessed a censive in direct on these censitaires, on which he had any justice, except around the order (letter) with the lord of the Wheel of the castle of Montpeloux (extinct volcano) (Saillant - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63).

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 63840 VIVEROLS
Tel : 04 73 95 96 90 / Fax : 04 73 95 33 07
Email : viverols@wanadoo.fr