Casadian sites of Creuse (23)


BEISSAT

The Saint-Pierre priory of the diocese of Limoges (FRANCE - Haute-Vienne - 87), was located 47 km from Port-Dieu (Confolent-Port-Dieu - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19). He was known in 1367 as dependency of the Port-Dieu. The church was the patron of the prior of Port-Dieu in 1315. The prior of Beissat was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 23260 BEISSAT
Tel/Fax : 05 55 67 86 33
Email : mairiedebeissat@orange.fr

GENTIOUX-PIGEROLLES (Pigerolles)

The priory Saint-Etienne was located 58 km from Port-Dieu. He was known in 1318, united in the XVth century to the infirmary of Port-Dieu (Confolent-Port-Dieu - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19). The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu by Guy, bishop of Limoges (FRANCE - Haute-Vienne - 87) (1073-1086) at the presentation of the prior of Port-Dieu (Confolent-Port-Dieu - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19) in the sixteenth century. The prior of Pigerolles was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 23340 GENTIOUX-PIGEROLLES
Tel : 05 55 67 90 14 / Fax : 05 55 67 92 67
Email : mairie.gentioux@wanadoo.fr

LA VILLEDIEU

The priory Saint-Robert of the diocese of Limoges (FRANCE - Haute-Vienne - 87), was located 79 km from Port-Dieu. He was known in 1245 as dependent on the Port-Dieu (Confolent-Port-Dieu - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19). The church was the patronage of the prior. The prior had the right of "passage and use" in the forest of Feuillade, provided that he would pay Viscount d'Aubusson the assistance to the four cases of 50 sous.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 23340 LA VILLEDIEU
Tel : 05 55 67 91 88
Email : mairielavilledieu@orange.fr

LE MAS-D’ARTIGE (Villefer)

The church, in the diocese of Limoges (FRANCE - Haute-Vienne - 87), was under the patronage of the prior of Port-Dieu (Confolent-Port-Dieu - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19) (late 16th century).

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 23100 LE MAS-D’ARTIGE
Tel/Fax : 05 55 66 77 57
Email : communelemasdartige@wanadoo.fr

LE MONTEIL-AU-VICOMTE (Chatain)

The Priory Saint-Jean-Baptiste in the diocese of Limoges (FRANCE - Haute-Vienne - 87), was located 77 km from Port-Dieu (Confolent-Port-Dieu - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19). It was founded by the monks of Port-Dieu following the donation in 1115 of the land and forest of Chatain by Adalmodis, countess of La Marche, and his sons Aldebert and Boson. He was united to the infirmary of Port-Dieu before 1381. The church depended on the Port-Dieu before 1178, and was still dependent on it in 1315. The prior had a censive live in Chatain, Saint-Pierre-le -Bost and Saint-Yrieix-la-Montagne (all three of FRANCE - Creuse - 23). He was Lord Justice of Chatain.

Useful information :
Mairie – 5 rue des Ecoles – 23460 LE MONTEIL-AU-VICOMTE
Tel : 05 55 64 95 11 / Fax : 05 55 64 96 02
Email : mairiemonteilauvicomte@orange.fr
Net : www.monteilauvicomte.fr

SAINT-MARC-A-LOUBAUD

The church, in the diocese of Limoges (FRANCE - Haute-Vienne - 87), was under the patronage of the Prior of Port-Dieu (Confolent-Port-Dieu - FRANCE - Corrèze - 19).

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bourg – 23460 SAINT-MARC-A-LOUBAUD
Tel/Fax : 05 55 66 07 27
Email : mairiestmarc@wanadoo.fr