Casadian sites of Haute-Loire (43)


ARAULES

The priory (Saint-Marcellin), located 68 km from La Chaise Dieu was known in 1309.
The priory maintained 2 monks. The church was the patronage of the prior. He was a decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie -Le Bourg - 43200 ARAULES
Tel : 04 71 59 61 32 / Fax : 04 71 65 98 55
Email : mairie.araules@wanadoo.fr

ARLET

The church was under the patronage of the priory Saint-Martin (Pinols - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43).

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43380 ARLET
Tel/Fax : 04 71 77 45 48
Courriel : mairie.arlet@orange.fr

AUVERS

The church was under the patronage of the prior of the priory Saint-Martin de Pinols (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43).

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43300 AUVERS
Tel/Fax : 04 71 77 66 79
Email : mairie.auvers@wanadoo.fr

AUVERS (Nozeyrolles)

The church was the patronage of the prior of Pinols (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). The prior was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43300 AUVERS
Tel/Fax : 04 71 77 66 79
Email : mairie.auvers@wanadoo.fr

AUZON

<

The church was given to La Chaise Dieu by Bishop Aimeric around 1117, challenged and confirmed by Pope Lucius III (1184). It became in the fourteenth century the seat of a chapter of canons led by a priest-canon who depended on the abbot of La Chaise Dieu until 1421.

Useful information :
Mairie - 14 Place de la Halle - 43390 AUZON
Tel : 04 71 76 11 42 / Fax : 04 71 76 11 08
Email : mairie-auzon@wanadoo.fr
Net: www.auzon.net

AZERAT

The priory (Saint-Jean-Baptiste) was located 40 km from La Chaise Dieu. The priory was known in 1156. He maintained two monks. The church was the patronage of the prior (XIII-XVth century). The prior was decimator. He resided in the 14th century in a fortified house and owned the banal oven of Azérat.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43390 AZERAT
Tel/Fax : 04 71 76 10 56
Email : mairie.azerat43@orange.fr

BAS-EN-BASSET (Saint-Julien-de-Bas)

The priory (Saint-Julien) of the diocese of Puy-en-Velay (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43), was located 54 km from Rochepaule (FRANCE - Ardèche - 07). Known in 1259, it was united before 1381 to the priory Vivarois Rochepaule. The prior estate consisted of various properties. The prior had direct taxes, held in the feud of the lord of Rochebaron (Bas-en-Basset - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43).

Useful information :
Mairie - 1 Place de la Mairie - BP 2 - 43210 BAS-EN-BASSET
Tel : 04 71 66 72 37 / Fax : 04 71 66 94 82
Email : mairie.basenbasset@wanadoo.fr
Net: www.basenbasset.fr

BONNEVAL

The Notre-Dame priory of the diocese of Clermont (France - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), was located 6 km from La Chaise Dieu.
Known in 1279, it was united to the chamber before 1332. The church was the patronage of the prior (1373) and 1441 to 1709. The prior was decimator. Seigneurie de La Chaise Dieu as early as 1289, Dalmas Chandorat gave faith and homage to his land of Boissieux, from the parish of La Chapelle, to the abbot lord high vigilante. This particular seigniory had to come from the abbey, perhaps by donation of the abbot Jean Chandorat, and was alienated in 1557. The seigniory prieurale included all the censitaires of La Chaise Dieu in the parish. It included lods and sales, Leiden and justice, which was recognized at the prior of its censitaires by the lord of Clavelier (Saint-Sauveur - France - Haute-Loire - 43), which had the execution of the sentences of the high justice (1316 ). This situation was maintained in 1749.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43160 BONNEVAL
Tel : 04 71 00 04 98 / Fax : 04 71 00 06 32
Email : mairiebonneval@orange.fr

CEAUX D'ALLEGRE

The church was under the patronage of the Saint-Marcellin priory of La Chapelle Bertin (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). It was mentioned in 1252.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43270 CEAUX D'ALLEGRE
Tel/Fax : 04 71 00 72 67
Email : mairie.ceaux.dallegre@wanadoo.fr

CEAUX D ALLEGRE (Langlade)

The parish depended on Sembadel, with cens, direct and all justice (1383).

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43270 CEAUX D'ALLEGRE
Tel/Fax : 04 71 00 72 67
Email : mairie.ceaux.dallegre@wanadoo.fr

CHAMBEZON

The priory Saint-Martin was attached to the diocese of Clermont (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), then Saint-Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15). It was located 57 km from La Chaise Dieu. Known in 1320, he was united between 1365 and 1381 at the conventual monastery. In the 14th century he had the prior and a monk. The church depended on Sauxillanges (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) in the eleventh century, and also in the early fourteenth century, it passed thereafter, and before the seventeenth century La Chaise Dieu. The prior was chief decimator at Chambezon and in some villages of the parishes of Léotoing (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43) and Mauriat (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63).

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43410 CHAMBEZON
Tel/Fax : 04 71 76 59 55
Courriel : mairie-chambezon@orange.fr

CHAMPAGNAC-LE-VIEUX

The priory Saint-Pierre was attached to the diocese of Clermont (France - Puy-de-Dome - 63), then Saint-Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15). It was located 24 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1259, it was united to the hotel business before 1359. The church depended on La Chaise-Dieu, in 1154, then at the beginning of the 14th century and from 1471 to 1746.The prior was decimator. The Prior resided in a fortified house, around 1375. He owned various buildings, an area called the "Meadow of the Lord" and land in the fifteenth century.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43440 CHAMPAGNAC-LE-VIEUX
Tel : 04 71 76 30 53 / Fax : 04 71 76 34 44
Email : mairie@champagnaclevieux.fr
Net : www.champagnaclevieux.fr

CHAMPAGNAC-LE-VIEUX (Jouret)

The lordship depended on the priory Saint-Pierre Champagnac-le-Vieux (FRANCE - Haute-Loire-43).

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43440 CHAMPAGNAC-LE-VIEUX
Tel : 04 71 76 30 53 / Fax : 04 71 76 34 44
Email : mairie@champagnaclevieux.fr
Net : www.champagnaclevieux.fr

CHANIAT

The simple priory (Notre-Dame) known in 1256, was located 26 km from La Chaise Dieu.
He was united to the abbey mense. The prior was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43100 CHANIAT
Tel/Fax : 04 71 74 31 13
Email : chaniat.mairie@wanadoo.fr

CHANTEUGES

The abbey (Saint-Marcellin) was founded in 936 by Cunebert, provost of the chapter of Brioude who gave him important property, including the village of Chanteuges. The monastery lived without history until the beginning of the 12th century when "ruined ... turned into a fortress" by a neighboring lord, Mandulphe de Digons, it became a "den of thieves and criminals". The Abbé Raymond submitted it to La Chaise Dieu, with the approval of the Archbishop of Bourges (FRANCE - Cher - 18), the Bishop of Clermont (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) and the chapter of Brioude (April 14, 1137) (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). The Abbot of La Chaise Dieu, Etienne de Mercoeur, recovered Chanteuges, whose status was now that of a priory, located 41 km from La Chaise Dieu. The conventual priory which counted 20 monks, the possession of which led to an endless conflict between La Chaise Dieu and the chapter of Brioude, eager to recognize his superiority over Chanteuges, despite all the contrary decisions of the popes.
In 1175, Alexander III commissioned Cardinal Hyacinthe Orsini to terminate the dispute: he pronounced the final aggregation of Chanteuges to La Chaise Dieu, but to seal the agreement, he ordered the two parties to feast together twice a year, a once at Chanteuges, once at Brioude, always at the expense of the prior, specifying the number of guests. A century later, a new agreement (1275) abolished them by the cession by the Casadéens of the church and the village of Glizeneuve (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43), in Margeride. It was united to the abbey church in 1318, the union became effective at the death of the last prior, Robert d'Arc, brother of the Abbé Hugues d'Arc in 1338. Chanteuges was henceforth the abbot's resting place, of which the last ones, André Ayraud, Hugues de Chauvigny, who ended there days after resignation, Jacques de St Nectaire, made frequent stays there and embellished it.
The prior had the patronage of the church of Chanteuges. (early fourteenth century). He had superiority over a group of priory Margeride then passed along with the priory to the abbey mense:
- in the diocese of Clermont (St Flour from 1318): Chaliers (FRANCE - Cantal - 15), Mallet (Fridefont - FRANCE - Cantal - 15), Le Morle (Ryunes - en - Margeride - FRANCE - Cantal - 15).
- in the diocese of Mende: Brion (FRANCE - Lozère - 48), Saint - Symphorien (FRANCE - Lozère - 48), Thoras (FRANCE - Haute - Loire - 43). The prior was decimator at Chanteuges and he was in all justice (XII-XVth century).

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43300 CHANTEUGES
Tel : 04 71 74 02 87 / Fax : 04 71 74 01 16
Email : mairie.chanteuges@wanadoo.fr

CHASSIGNOLES

The priory Notre-Dame, in the diocese of Clermont (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), then Saint-Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15), was located 29 km from Lavaudieu (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). The priory was founded following the donation of the land by Robert III of Auvergne, in 1077, at the collation of Comps (Lavaudieu - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43) in the 14th century, It was existing in 1670. The church was given by the same, still under the patronage of the prioress in the fourteenth century. The prioress was decimator. Lady of a part of the parish, with cens, seigniorial rights, and all justice on her tenants (1296), she had to defend her rights against the attempts of the lord of La Mothe, coseigneur of Chassignoles, to conclude in 1358 a treaty of Jeanne, Queen of France, betrayed the Countess of Auvergne, who left her with low justice and shared the revenues of the high.

 

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43440 CHASSIGNOLES
Tel/Fax : 04 71 76 34 33
Courriel : mairie.chassignoles@wanadoo.fr

CHOMELIX

The priory Saint-Pierre of the diocese of Puy-en-Velay (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43), was located 17 km from La Chaise Dieu. Known in 1340, he was united to the office of the refector in 1374. The priory maintained the prior and a cloister in 1366. The church was the patronage of the prior in the fifteenth century and in 1547-1725.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43500 CHOMELIX
Tel : 04 71 03 63 10 / Fax : 04 71 03 65 33
Email : mairie@chomelix.fr
Net : www.chomelix.fr

CISTRIERES

The priory (Saint-Pierre) known in 1258, was united to the abbey mense before 1366. The prior had the patronage of the church of Cistrières at the beginning of the XIVth century. The prior was decimator in the parish (1258). The prior was lord ruler, under the custody of the lord of Clavelier who ensured the execution of sentences of death and mutilation (XIV century).

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43160 CISTRIERES
Tel/Fax : 04 71 00 02 47
Email : mairiecistrieres@orange.fr

COLLAT

The priory Saint-Martial of the diocese of Clermont (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), then Saint-Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15), was located 15 km from La Chaise Dieu. Known in 1325, it was united before 1367 to the office of cantor of the abbey. The church was from the patronage of the prior at the beginning of the 15th century and in 1663-1775. The seigneury of "Four Vicariates of Collat"; was a parish that constituted a lordship long independent of La Chaise Dieu. This one acquired it in 1469 from François de Crussol, lord of Beaudiner en Vivarais, in exchange for the land of the Coast. This came from the founding in 1379 of four vicarages in the abbey church of La Chaise Dieu by Cardinal Guillaume d'Aigrefeuille. When the land of Collat became Casadean, the foundation was called "the four vicariates of Collat", lordship in all justice.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43230 COLLAT
Tel : 04 71 50 42 78 / Fax : 04 71 74 78 02
Courriel : communedecollat@orange.fr

CONNANGLES

The priory (Saint-Etienne) in the diocese of Clermont (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), then Saint-Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15), was known in 1286. It was united from the XIVth century to the 'Infirmary. The church was from the patronage of the prior (early 14th century) at least from 1286 to 1710. The prior was decimator throughout the parish (XIVth-XVIIIth century). The parish of Connangles was entirely in the direct censive and jurisdiction of La Chaise-Dieu but included three lordships:
- that of the abbot, dominant seigniory, with right of size and ost in all the parish because of the castle of Montrecoux,
- that of the nurse included the borough of Connangles and the southern part of the parish. The assises stood at the entrance of the cemetery,
- that of the chaplain included the hamlets of the north of the parish including that of Laves (hence its name) 1370. There is no question in the rubric of chaplaincy.

 

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43160 CONNANGLES
Tel/Fax : 04 71 00 03 06
Email : mairie.connangles@orange.fr
Net : www.connangles.fr

CONNANGLES (Montrecoux)

The castle of the abbot, in the parish of Connangles, was in the center of a lordship mentioned since 1307 and where the abbot made his residence since the 14th century.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43160 CONNANGLES
Tel/Fax : 04 71 00 03 06
Email : mairie.connangles@orange.fr
Net : www.connangles.fr

CRAPONNE-SUR-ARZON (Le Monteil)

The parish of Craponne (Le Monteil) was united to the abbey of la Chaise-Dieu. Annuities and seigneurial rights were acquired in 1289 from Hugues Artaud Chevalier de Baffie.

Useful information :
Mairie - 10 Bd Félix Allard - 43500 CRAPONNE-SUR-ARZON
Tel : 04 71 03 20 03 / Fax : 04 71 03 36 16
Email : craponnesurarzon@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.craponnesurarzon.fr

CRAPONNE-SUR-ARZON (Le Monteil)

The parish of Craponne (Le Monteil) was united to the abbey of la Chaise-Dieu. Annuities and seigneurial rights were acquired in 1289 from Hugues Artaud Chevalier de Baffie.

Useful information :
Mairie - 10 Bd Félix Allard - 43500 CRAPONNE-SUR-ARZON
Tel : 04 71 03 20 03 / Fax : 04 71 03 36 16
Email : craponnesurarzon@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.craponnesurarzon.fr

CROISANCES (Vereyrolles)

The priory (Sainte-Madeleine) was located 67 km from La Chaise-Dieu. The priory was mentioned in 1516.
The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu by the Bishop of Mende (FRANCE -Lozère - 48) in 1145, it remained under the control of La Chaise-Dieu. La Chaise-Dieu was decimator. The abbe had a censive in direct, with lods and sales, and low justice under the high of the lord of Mercoeur.

 

 

 

Useful information :

Depuis le 1er janvier 2016, fusion des communes de Croisances et Thoras

Mairie - Le Bourg - 43170 THORAS
Tel : 04 71 74 42 72
Email : mairiedethoras@orange.fr

DOMEYRAT

The priory St Hilaire was 28 km from La Chaise Dieu. He was known in 1381.
The church was from the patronage of the prior in the 14th century. The prior, who resided in a stronghold, possessed an important censive raised in Domeyrat and several surrounding villages (1540). The prior had low justice on his censitaires, which he recognized the lord of Domeyrat in 1407.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43230 DOMEYRAT
Tel/Fax : 04 71 76 85 68
Email : mairie.domeyrat@orange.fr

DUNIERES

The priory Saint Martin was located 80 km from La Chaise Dieu. The conventual priory was confirmed in 1184 at La Chaise Dieu by Pope Lucius III (monasterium of Dunneri). From the fourteenth century, the priory was reduced to the prior and two cloisters. In the middle of the 16th century, Cardinal François de Touron, abbot commendatory of La Chaise Dieu, united him to the Jesuit college in Tournon.

Useful information :
Mairie - Place de l'Hôtel de Ville - 43220 DUNIERES
Tel : 04 71 66 80 35 / Fax : 04 71 61 91 28
Email : mairie.dunieres@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.dunieres43.fr

FELINES

The seigniory was in all justice with rights on the villages of Gennes and Serres. It was given by Marguerite, widow of Guillaume Amisto, gift approved by Bertrand de Chalencon and his wife Aigline de Beaumont, dominant lords (1249).

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43160 FELINES
Tel : 04 71 00 90 64 / Fax : 04 71 00 93 09
Email : mairie.felines43@orange.fr
Net : www.mairie-felines.fr

FERRUSSAC (Le Cros)

The church was under the patronage of the prior of the priory of St Martin Pinols (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43).

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43300 FERRUSSAC
Tel/Fax : 04 71 74 12 76
Email : mairie.ferrussac@wanadoo.fr

FERRUSSAC (Chassignolles)

It is not a priory but a lordship under the prior of Pinols (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). The Prior of Pinols had justice on these censitaires including Chassignolles.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43300 FERRUSSAC
Tel/Fax : 04 71 74 12 76
Email : mairie.ferrussac@wanadoo.fr

FRUGIERES-LE-PIN

The church was under the patronage of the priory of Lavaudieu-Comps nuns (FRANCE - Haute-Loire -43), the presentation of the prioress in the fourteenth century.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43230 FRUGIERES-LE-PIN
Tel/Fax : 04 71 76 42 37
Email : mairie.frugiereslepin@wanadoo.fr

JAVAUGUES

The priory Saint-Loup in the diocese of Clermont (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dome - 63), then St Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15), was located 24 km from La Chaise Dieu.
Known in 1278, he was united in 1307 to the conventual monastery. The parish church was patron of the prior : from the early 14th century until 1733. The prior had a censive in direct, with lods and sales, and low justice on his tenants, all partially alienated at the end of the sixteenth century to the lords of Cumignac and Grèzes, then bought in 1623 and 1640.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43100 JAVAUGUES
Tel/Fax : 04 71 76 44 70
Email : mairie.javaugues@orange.fr

JULLIANGES

The priory Saint-Pierre belonged to the diocese of Clermont (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) 11 km from La Chaise Dieu. Known in 1314, it was united before 1347 to the sacristy. The church dependent on La Chaise-Dieu in 1175, remained under the patronage of the prior 1454-1660. The prior was decimator. The seigneurial rights of the prior to the village of Fontannes (locality of Jullainges) went back to the donation made in 1249 by Bertrand de Chalencon, lord of Beaumont (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43).

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43500 JULLIANGES
Tel : 04 71 03 22 68 / Fax : 04 71 03 21 82
Email : mairie-de-jullianges@wanadoo.fr

LAMOTHE (Cougeac)

The church was under the patronage of the nuns' priory Lavaudieu Comps. It was given by the Count of Auvergne Robert II after the cloister of his daughter Judith (1077), at the presentation of the prioress in the fourteenth century.

Useful information :
Mairie - 12 Rue de Vialle - 43100 LAMOTHE
Tel/Fax : 04 71 76 44 40
Email : mairie.lamothe@wanadoo.fr

LANGEAC

The Saint-Gal priory known in 1220, was located 35 km from La Chaise Dieu. It was united to the abbey church in the 14th century. The church was donated in 1010 by Pons de Gévaudan to the Brioude chapter, which had to give it to La Chaise Dieu before 1220. It gave birth to a community of priest-godchildren that the bishop of Clermont (FRANCE - Puy-de -Dome - 63), Guy de la Tour, authorized to become a collegiate of 15 members without taking into account the rights of the Chair God. From where conflict, then reconstitution of the college, the abbot leaving to do and finally accepting an arrangement by which the priests become canons were instituted by the prior to whom they promised fidelity. The chapter of Saint-Gal de Langeac was definitively constituted by the bishop of Saint-Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15) in 1488, it consisted of 15 members of which the first, the prior, was the abbot of La Chaise Dieu who had a part in the revenues "as if he attended the offices" and named the vicar perpetuel and the sacristan, both members of the chapter. Subsequently, the canons worked to reduce the place of the abbot by appointing a trustee who was the true head of the chapter (1491), and then challenging him the title of prior in the first row; the abbot remained priest-primitive of Langeac, with the presentation to the cure and the appointment of the sacristan (1501).

 

Useful information :
Mairie - Place Favière - 43300 LANGEAC
Tel : 04 71 77 71 10 / Fax : 04 71 77 71 11
Email : culture.communication@ville-langeac.com
Net : www.ville-langeac.fr

LAVAL-SUR-DOULON

The priory Notre-Dame was attached to the diocese of Clermont (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), then to Saint-Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15). He was known before 1275.
The church was the patron of the prior (early 14th century), at least from 1275 to 1688. The prior was decimator (XIV-XVth century).
The prior was lord of Laval, but had to fight against the "attacks" of the neighboring lords, including Bompar de Contournat. To protect himself from it, he resorted to the marriage concluded in 1385 with Jeanne de Bourbon, Queen of France and Countess of Auvergne, who left all the low justice and shared the profits of the high, the execution of the sentences belonging to the officers of Usson-in-Forez (FRANCE - Loire - 42).

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43440 LAVAL-SUR-DOULON
Tel/Fax : 04 71 76 31 59
Email : mairielavalsurdoulon@free.fr

LAVAUDIEU (Comps)

The conventual priory of nuns (Saint-André) in the diocese of Clermont (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme -63), then Saint-Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15), was located 31 km from La Chaise Dieu. Founded by Robert de Turlande following the donation by Raoul de Lugeac of the church and the village of Comps, in 1050, approved by King Philip I in 1066 and placed by Pope Calixtus III under the protection of the Apostolic See from 1177. The monastery was in the 14th century "immediately subject to the abbot of La Chaise Dieu" who intervened in important affairs, as in 1358 when the prioress concludes a treaty of bet for Chassignolles (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43) with Queen Jeanne, Countess of Auvergne, which the abbot approved "ad requestam dictarum priorissarum and conventus nobis immediate subjectorum (spicilegium, 129)". Relations between the two houses were good except under the pretense of Catherine d'Allegre, who claimed to reject the authority of the abbot, but she finally had to admit that the abbot could drop her and promise to receive the abbot each processionally. The monastery of Lavaudieu had 28 nuns in 1670. The prioress had the patronage of the churches of Comps, Cougeac (Hameau de Lamothe), Frugières-le-Pin, Lugeac (Lavaudieu) (all FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43).

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43100 LAVAUDIEU
Tel : 04 71 76 42 74 / Fax : 04 71 76 00 06

Tourism :
"Les Amis de Lavaudieu" - Office de Tourisme de Lavaudieu - 43100 LAVAUDIEU
TEL/FAX : 04 71 76 08 90
Email : contact@abbayedelavaudieu.fr
Net : Les Amis de Lavaudieu

LAVAUDIEU (Lugeac)

The church was under the patronage of the conventual priory of nuns Saint Andrew (Lavaudieu Comps), dependent on Lavaudieu in 1177, cited in the seventeenth century.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43100 LAVAUDIEU
Tel : 04 71 76 42 74 / Fax : 04 71 76 00 06

Tourism :
"Les Amis de Lavaudieu" - Office de Tourisme de Lavaudieu - 43100 LAVAUDIEU
TEL/FAX : 04 71 76 08 90
Email : contact@abbayedelavaudieu.fr
Net : Les Amis de Lavaudieu

LOUDES

The seigniory was the dean of La Chaise-Dieu, with low justice on Loudes, Collanges, under the high of the lord of Loudes (1285).

Useful information :Mairie - Le Bourg - 43320 LOUDES
Tel : 04 71 08 60 16 / Fax : 04 71 08 01 38
Email : mairie.loudes@wanadoo.fr

LA CHAISE-DIEU

Saint Robert is the founder of the abbey of La Chaise Dieu. He was born in 1001 in a large family of Auvergne, Turlande. In 1026 he became canon at the Brioude chapter. Ordained priest, he is entrusted with the charge of the treasury of the chapter but does not like this kind of life. In 1047, he founded the Casadean congregation and built the Abbey of La Chaise-Dieu under the name of "Casa Dei", which means House-God under the protection of the Pope and the King of France. He died in 1067 and was canonized in 1070 at the head of a network of 42 outbuildings.
For more than seven centuries, La Chaise-Dieu was at the center of an important network of priories and abbeys, whose branches extended throughout France, but also in some neighboring European countries. Casadean implantation was thus particularly important in Spain around the priory of Saint John of Burgos, in Italy in the Apennines, with Frassinoro, in the diocese of Parma, in Borzone and even in southern Italy. In Switzerland, the Grandson priory has generated a large number of outbuildings in the vicinity of Lake Neuchâtel. In other countries, such as Belgium, the studies remain to be clarified ...

 

Useful information :
Mairie - Rue Saint-Esprit - 43160 LA CHAISE-DIEU
Tel : 04 71 00 01 57
Email : lcdmairie@wanadoo.fr

Tourism :
Bureau d'information touristique de La Chaise-Dieu - Avenue de la gare - 43160 LA CHAISE-DIEU
Tel : 04 71 00 01 16 - Fax : 04 71 00 03 45
Email : lachaisedieu@ot-lepuyenvelay.fr
Net : www.la-chaise-dieu.info

LA CHAISE-DIEU (Laire-Champrigaud)

Laire, Champrigaud, Roussac, Les Chaloux, Baffour were parishes of La Chaise-Dieu and Mazel and Barriere were parishes of La Chapelle-Geneste. They constituted the lordship of Laire or Champrigaud, belonging to the worker who had justice up to 60 cents, the high justice belonging to the abbot in 1370.

Useful information :
Mairie - Rue Saint-Esprit - 43160 LA CHAISE-DIEU
Tel : 04 71 00 01 57
Email : lcdmairie@wanadoo.fr

Tourism :
Bureau d'information touristique de La Chaise-Dieu - Avenue de la gare - 43160 LA CHAISE-DIEU
Tel : 04 71 00 01 16 - Fax : 04 71 00 03 45
Email : lachaisedieu@ot-lepuyenvelay.fr
Net : www.la-chaise-dieu.info

LA CHAISE-DIEU (Les Chapus)

The rent of Chapus, village of the parish of La Chaise-Dieu was alienated by the nurse in 1570 (rye and oats).

Useful information :
Mairie - Rue Saint-esprit - 43160 LA CHAISE-DIEU
Tel : 04 71 00 01 57
Email : lcdmairie@wanadoo.fr

Tourism :
Bureau d'information touristique de La Chaise-Dieu - Avenue de la gare - 43160 LA CHAISE-DIEU
Tel : 04 71 00 01 16 - Fax : 04 71 00 03 45
Email : lachaisedieu@ot-lepuyenvelay.fr
Net : www.la-chaise-dieu.info

LA CHAPELLE-BERTIN

Saint Marcellin Priory was located 18 km from La Chaise Dieu. It was known in 1285. The prior had the patronage of the churches of: La Chapelle-Bertin (until the 18th century), Monlet (by abandonment of the abbot to the prior in 1381), and probably Ceaux d'Allégre (mentioned in 1252) (Totes two FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43).
The prior was decimator at La Chapelle-Bertin especially after 1285 when the lord of Walls gave him his share of tithes. The prior had a censive in direct with seigneurial rights as the use of water, woods, under the jurisdiction of the lord of Walls (1285).

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43270 LA CHAPELLE-BERTIN
Tel : 04 71 00 21 94 / Fax : 04 71 00 75 77

LA CHAPELLE-GENESTE

The Notre-Dame priory of the diocese of Clermont (France - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), was located 6 km from La Chaise Dieu.
Known in 1279, it was united to the chamber before 1332. The church was the patronage of the prior (1373) and 1441 to 1709. The prior was decimator. Seigneurie de La Chaise Dieu as early as 1289, Dalmas Chandorat gave faith and homage to his land of Boissieux, from the parish of La Chapelle, to the abbot lord high vigilante. This particular seigniory had to come from the abbey, perhaps by donation of the abbot Jean Chandorat, and was alienated in 1557. The seigniory prieurale included all the censitaires of La Chaise Dieu in the parish. It included lods and sales, Leiden and justice, which was recognized at the prior of its censitaires by the lord of Clavelier (Saint-Sauveur - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43), which had the execution of the sentences of the high justice (1316). This situation was maintained in 1749.

 

Useful information :Mairie - Le Bourg - 43160 LA CHAPELLE-GENESTE
Tel : 04 71 00 02 34 / Fax : 04 71 00 10 96
Email : mairie.chapellegeneste@orange.fr

LA CHAPELLE-GENESTE (Les Chazeaux)

Lordship of the parish of La Chapelle-Geneste, with cens, direct and all justice (1313-1386).

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43160 LA CHAPELLE-GENESTE
Tel : 04 71 00 02 34 / Fax : 04 71 00 10 96
Email : mairie.chapellegeneste@orange.fr

LE BOUCHET-SAINT-NICOLAS

The Priory Saint-Nicolas was located 58 km from La Chaise Dieu. It was founded, according to tradition, by Saint Robert.
It was united to the abbey church from 1278. The prior was patron of the church in the 15th century and the 17th century. The parish church was built from 1240, the service being done previously in the priory chapel. The prior was decimator. The prior was lord righteous in 1314.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43510 LE BOUCHET-SAINT-NICOLAS
Tel/Fax : 04 71 57 32 22
Email : mairie.lebouchetstnicolas@wanadoo.fr

MALVIERES

The priory Saint-Pierre in the diocese of Clermont (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63) was located 5 km from La Chaise-Dieu.
He was known in 1260 where he was already united to the infirmary.
The church was from the patronage of the prior (13th-18th century), corroborated by the mention of the call list to the synod (1373) which indicates for Malvières "was not visited, nor held any visit", which corresponds to the Casadean exemption.
The prior was decimator (XIVth-XVth century).
Censive priory (terrier of 1414-1415), with direct and justice on the manse presbyteral in 1260. The lordship of the Chair-Dieu on its censitaires was recognized, in 1318 and in 1378, by the lord of Beaumont, of the house of Chalencon, to whom came the execution of the sentences of the high justice with the custody of the priory.

 

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43160 MALVIERES
Tel : 04 71 00 04 09 / Fax : 04 71 00 07 64
Email : mairie.malvieres@orange.fr

MALVIERES (Lavadour)

The seigniory extended in the parishes of Malvières and La Chapelle-Geneste, on the hamlets of Lavadour, Charvols, Mazel and Montvachal (all FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43), with cens, carriages, maneuvers and all justice.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43160 MALVIERES
Tel : 04 71 00 04 09 / Fax : 04 71 00 07 64
Email : mairie.malvieres@orange.fr

MAZERAT-AUROUZE

The priory Saint Pierre was 23 km from La Chaise Dieu. Founded around 1078, he then maintained the prior and two cloisters. It was united in 1348 to the chamber of La Chaise-Dieu and reduced to a single cloister. The church depended on La Chaise Dieu from 1078, it remained under the patronage of the prior in the 14th, and until 1740, which depended in 1078 two neighboring chapels: Aubusson (which still existed in 1456), the Brequeille (which existed still in 1557). The prior was decimator (XIV-XVIIIth century) and had an important censive.

 

 

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43230 MAZERAT-AUROUZE
Tel : 04 71 76 82 70 / Fax : 04 71 76 82 68
Email : mairie.mazerat.aurouze@wanadoo.fr

MAZERAT-AUROUZE (Aubusson)

The chapel depended on the church Saint-Pierre de Mazerat-Aurouze in 1078 which still existed in 1456.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43230 MAZERAT-AUROUZE
Tel : 04 71 76 82 70 / Fax : 04 71 76 82 68
Email : mairie.mazerat.aurouze@wanadoo.fr

MAZERAT-AUROUZE (La Brequeille)

The chapel depended on the church Saint-Pierre de Mazerat-Aurouze in 1078 which still existed in 1557.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43230 MAZERAT-AUROUZE
Tel : 04 71 76 82 70 / Fax : 04 71 76 82 68
Email : mairie.mazerat.aurouze@wanadoo.fr

MAZEYRAT D'ALLIER

The priory Saint-Pierre was known in 1288. It was united to the office of chambermaid La Chaise-Dieu before 1352. The church depended on La Chaise-Dieu before 1221, and was under the patronage of the prior (1352-1640). The prior was decimator. He had a censive in the parish alienated in 1597.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43300 MAZEYRAT D'ALLIER
Tel : 04 71 77 07 02 / Fax : 04 71 77 24 16
Email : mairie-mazeyratdallier@wanadoo.fr
Association :
"Episerm" - Chamalières Saint Eble 43300 MAZEYRAT D'ALLIER
TEL: 0615659309
Email : episerm@orange.fr

MONISTROL D'ALLIER

The priory Saint-Pierre of the diocese of Mende (FRANCE - Lozère - 48) was located 54 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1293, it was united in 1418 to the sacristy of La Chaise Dieu. The church given or confirmed to La Chaise-Dieu in 1145 by the Bishop of Mende, remained the patronage of the prior until the seventeenth century and even the eighteenth century and the annex chapel of Douchanet, given at the same time. The priory maintained a monk and the prior. The prior had direct taxes which were partially sold in 1609 for the alienation of part of the temporal clergy.

Useful information :Mairie - Le Bourg - 43580 MONISTROL D'ALLIER
Tel : 04 71 57 21 21 / Fax : 04 71 57 25 03
Email : mairie.monistroldallier@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.monistroldallier.com

MONLET

The church was located 15 km from the Chaise-Dieu. It was under the patronage of the priory St Marcellin (La Chapelle-Bertin - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43, by the abandonment of the abbot to the prior in 1381.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43270 MONLET
Tel : 04 71 00 73 65 / Fax : 04 71 00 75 77
Email : mairie.monlet@wanadoo.fr

MONLET (Barribas-Chardas)

The convent of La Chaise-Dieu had the tithes of Barribas and Chardas, which were parishes of Monlet.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43270 MONLET
Tel : 04 71 00 73 65 / Fax : 04 71 00 75 77
Email : mairie.monlet@wanadoo.fr

MONTCLARD

The Saint-Clair priory was located 22 km from La Chaise Dieu. It was known in 1281. The church was the patron of the prior in the fourteenth century. The prior was decimator. He had a censive live, in the court of Cusse Castle in Monclard.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43230 MONCLARD
Tel : 04 71 76 68 33
Email : commune.montclard@orange.fr

PAULHAGUET

The Saint-Etienne priory was in the diocese of Clermont (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), then Saint Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15). It was located 13 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was founded as a result of the donation by Robert III of the village of Paulhaguet, in 1077, still mentioned in the 14th century, and then united to the prioress of Comps (Lavaudieu - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). The church was given to Comps in 1077, remained under the patronage of the prioress. The prioress was decimator. Lady of Paulhaguet, old alleu, she held all justice. Under the pressure of the king's officers, the prioress concluded in 1316 a treaty of pariage with King Philip IV. The lordly dominion was maintained in 1625.

 

 

Useful information :
Mairie - Place Lafayette - 43230 PAULHAGUET
Tel : 04 71 76 62 37 / Fax : 04 71 76 87 28
Email : mairiepaulhaguet@orange.fr

PAULHAGUET (Censac)

The Sainte-Croix priory was in the diocese of Clermont (FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), then Saint Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15). It was located 11 km from Lavaudieu (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43).
Founded on a land given in 1077 by the Count of Auvergne Robert III, It was at the collation of the prioress of Comps (Lavaudieu - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43) in the 14th century, existing in 1670.The church was the patroness of the prioress, the latter had tithes. She had a censive in direct and low justice under the high of the lord of Salzuit (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43).

Useful information :
Mairie - Place Lafayette - 43230 PAULHAGUET
Tel : 04 71 76 62 37 / Fax : 04 71 76 87 28
Email : mairiepaulhaguet@orange.fr

PINOLS

The priory Saint-Martin was located 50 km from La Chaise Dieu. Quoted in 1393, it was united before 1366 to the abbey mense. The prior had the patronage of the churches of : Pinols, Arlet, Nozeyrolles, Le Cros (All FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). The prior was decimator in all these parishes. The Prior possessed a considerable censive in the parishes of Pinols, Arlet, Le Cros, Chassignolles and Tailhac.
He had justice over his censitaires at Pinols, Arlet, Chassignolles, the execution of sentences of death or mutilation pronounced against the litigants of the prior belonging to the lay lord of Arlet.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43300 PINOLS
Tel/Fax : 04 71 74 10 42
Email : mairiepinols@wanadoo.fr

POLIGNAC (Marminhac)

It was not a priory, but a dismembered order (written on the separation of a property) of the seigniory of Polignac, probably as a result of a donation of viscounts, prior to 1245 where an agreement was reached, followed others in 1255, and 1387, between the Viscount and La Chaise-Dieu.
The prior had all the censors and entire justice, the lord having the execution of the sentences of the high justice, by virtue of his right of custody. The tenants of Marminhac kept watch and guard at the castle of Polignac. Justice in Marminhac was exercised in front of the church of Saint-Robert Puy-en-Velay (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43).

Useful information :
Mairie - Place de l'Eglise - 43770 POLIGNAC
Tel : 04 71 09 49 78 / Fax : 04 71 02 91 35
Email : mairie@mairiedepolignac.fr

PRADELLES

The church was under the patronage of the priory Saint-Paul (Saint-Paul-de-Tartas - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43).

Useful information :
Mairie - Rue du Jeu de Paume - 43420 PRADELLES
Tel : 04 71 00 80 37 / Fax : 04 71 00 84 21
Email : Mairie-Pradelles@wanadoo.fr

LE PUY-EN-VELAY (Portail St Robert)

The simple priory Saint-Robert in the diocese of Puy (Puy-en-Velay - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43), was located 42 km from La Chaise-Dieu.
This priory would come from the chapel that would have founded Saint Robert under the rock of Corneille and that the abbot Pons de Tournon would have organized before 1102. It was united in 1370 with the conventual mense. Priory depended some houses in Puy and some land in Aiguilhe (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43) but especially the seigneury of Maminhac (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43).

Useful information :Mairie - 1 Place Martouret - 43000 LE PUY-EN-VELAY
Tel : 04 71 04 07 40 / Fax : 04 71 02 62 08
Email : contact@mairie-le-puy-en-velay.fr
Net : www.mairie-le-puy-en-velay.fr

RIOTORD

The church was under the patronage of the conventual priory Saint-Sauveur (Saint-Sauveur-en-rue - FRANCE - Loire - 42), the diocese of Puy (Puy-en-Velay - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). The church was donated in 1061, confirmed by Bishop Adhémar de Monteil in 1087, and by the Provost of the Puy Chapter in 1145.

Useful information :
Mairie - 1 Place des Combattants - 43220 RIOTORD
Tel : 04 71 75 38 85 / Fax : 04 71 75 30 49
Email : secretariat@commune-riotord.fr
Net : www.commune-riotord.fr

SAINT-ARCONS-DE-BARGES (Pradelles)

The church was under the patronage of the priory Saint-Paul (Saint-Paul-de-Tartas - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43).

Useful information :
Mairie - Le bourg - 43420 SAINT-ARCONS-DE-BARGES
Tel/Fax : 04 71 08 25 89
Email : mairiestarconsdebarges@orange.fr

SAINT-CHRISTOPHE-D'ALLIER (Saugues)

The priory Saint-Christophe was 73 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was known in 1366. The priory maintained 2 monks. The prior was decimator. He had a censive in the parish and was lord righteous. He received the homage of "La Faye" (XIVth century) for their goods in the parish.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43340 SAINT-CHRISTOPHE-D'ALLIER
Tel/Fax: 04 66 69 63 36
Email : christian.pougnet@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-DIDIER-D'ALLIER

The priory Saint-Didier was in the diocese of Puy (Puy-en-Velay - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 4). It was located 51 km from La Chaise-Dieu.
He was united to that of Saint-Privat-d'Aliier under the prior Géraud d'Ongles. The church was from the patronage of the prior in the 15th century and again in 1574-1751. The prior had a censive in the justice of the lay lord of Saint-Didier (1330).

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Chier - 43580 SAINT-DIDIER-D'ALLIER
Tel/Fax : 04 71 57 29 13
Email : commune-saint-didier-allier@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-DIDIER-SUR-DOULON

The priory Saint-Didier was from the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), then to Saint-Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15), 15 km from Lavaudieu (FRANCE – Haute-Loire -43). He was united to the conventual monastery of Lavaudieu-Comps in the fourteenth century. The patronage church of the prioress Lavaudieu-Comps. The prioress was decimator. She had at the modern time a censive in direct, with low justice on its tenants, under the high of the lord of Vals le Chastel (FRANCE – Haute-Loire -43).

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43440 SAINT-DIDIER-SUR-DOULON
Tel/Fax : 04 71 76 42 38
Email : st-didier-sur-doulon@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-ETIENNE-LARDEYROL

The priory Saint-Etienne was located 53 km from La Chaise Dieu. The priory was at the collation of the abbot of La Chaise Dieu in the fourteenth century probably dating back to the thirteenth century.
The church of Saint-Etienne "de Combriol" was given to La Chaise Dieu by the bishop Pierre III of Solignac in 1167, and remained under the patronage of the prior, as well as the annex church of Lardeyrol. The prior was decimator 1300

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43260 SAINT-ETIENNE-LARDEYROL
Tel : 04 71 03 00 65 / Fax : 04 71 03 57 09
Email : stetiennelardeyrol@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-ETIENNE-LARDEYROL (Lardeyrol)

The chapel depended on the priory Saint-Etienne of Saint-Etienne-de-Lardeyrol.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43260 SAINT-ETIENNE-LARDEYROL
Tel : 04 71 03 00 65 / Fax : 04 71 03 57 09
Courriel : stetiennelardeyrol@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-HILAIRE

The priory Saint-Hilaire was 32 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1299, it was united before 1376 to that of Azérat (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). The church was the patron of the prior in the early fourteenth century. The prior had a censive with all justice on his tenants, according to the transaction passed in 1299 with the lord of Auzon, which had the execution of the sentences of high justice pronounced by the judge prior.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43390 SAINT-HILAIRE
Tel/Fax : 04 71 76 11 70
Email : mairie.saint-hilaire@tiscali.fr

SAINT-HOSTIEN

The priory Saint-Hostien was 59 km from La Chaise-Dieu. He was known in 1325.
The church which depended on La Chaise-Dieu in 1222, was the patronage of the prior in the 15th century. The prior had a direct censive in the parish, which was sold in 1584 and 1588.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43260 SAINT-HOSTIEN
Tel : 04 71 57 60 83
Email : mairie-sthostien@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-JEAN-D'AUBRIGOUX (Marhus)

The seigniory in the parish of Saint-Jean-d'Aubrigoux, consisted of rents with maneuvers, direct, lods and sales, and justice, on tenants of the hamlets of Marhus, Malet and Ribeyre, given to the convent by Pierre de Berbezit (1374 -1398) and belonging to the pitancerie.

Useful information :
Mairie -Le Bourg -43500 SAINT-JEAN-D'AUBRIGOUX
Tel/Fax : 04 71 03 22 82
Email : mairie.stjeandaubrigoux@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-JULIEN-CHAPTEUIL

The priory Saint-Julien was located 60 km from the Chaise-Dieu, he was known in 1220. He maintained two monks.
The church was presumably given to the Chaise-Dieu by a Lord of Chapteuil at the end of the 11th century. She remained under the patronage of the prior.
The church is a beautiful Romanesque building of blue stones and reddish sandstone, whose nave is flanked by collateral vaults redone in the fifteenth-sixteenth century. Nearby, the fortified hill of Chapteuil, whose name is steeped in history, was made famous in the 12th century by the Troubadour Pons de Chapteuil, singer of love and crusade.

Useful information :
Mairie - Place Saint-Robert -
43260 SAINT-JULIEN-CHAPTEUIL
Tel : 04 71 08 70 14 / Fax : 04 71 08 42 20
Email : mairiestjulienchapteuil@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.saintjulienchapteuil.fr

SAINT-JULIEN-DES-CHAZES (Les Chazes)

 

The abbey of Nuns of Saint-Pierre des Chazes was 47 km from La Chaise-Dieu. The chapel depended on the priory, the building is variably attributed to the twelfth and thirteenth century

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43300 SAINT-JULIEN-DES-CHAZES
Tel/Fax : 04 71 74 04 88
Email : mairie.st-julien-des-chazes@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-LAURENT-CHABREUGES (Entremont)

The priory was from the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), then Saint-Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15). It was located 12 km from Lavaudieu (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43).
It was founded as a result of the donation by Count Robert III of his land of Entremont in 1077. Still mentioned in the fourteenth century, it was united shortly thereafter to the prioress of Comps-Lavaudieu. The prioress was decimator. Lady d'Entremont, she had a censive in direct with all justice in common with the chapter of Brioude (FRANCE - Haute-Loire -43).

Useful information :
Mairie - Les Queyres - 43100 SAINT-LAURENT-CHABREUGES
Tel/Fax: 04 71 50 26 72
Email : mairie.st-laurent-chabreuges@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-MAURICE-DE-LIGNON

The priory Saint-Maurice was the diocese of Puy (Le Puy-en-Velay - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). It was located 60 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1281, it was united before 1367 to the office of the cantor. The church was passed from the bishop of Puy who owned it in 1164, to the abbot of the Chair-Dieu who enjoyed it in 1181, then it was the patronage of the prior, and again in 1732.
The dîmerie was priory. The prior had a censive in direct, without justice, according to the transaction passed in 1281 with the lord of Lignon ; it was sold in the XVI-XVII century.

Useful information :
Mairie - 27 Route Nationale - 43 200 SAINT-MAURICE-DE-LIGNON
Tel : 04 71 65 31 32 / Fax : 04 71 65 33 96
Email : mairie.st.maurice.de.lignon@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-PAL-DE-CHALENCON

The church was under the patronage of the priory Saint-Jean de La Chaulme (France - Puy-de-Dôme -63) 1271-1747.

Useful information :
Mairie - Place Neuve - 43500 SAINT-PAL-DE-CHALENCON
Tel : 04 71 61 30 19 / Fax : 04 71 61 37 71
Email : stpal-chalencon@wanadoo.fr
Net :www.saint-pal-de-chalencon.fr

SAINT-PAL-DE-MONS

The priory St. Paul was located 71 km from La Chaise-Dieu. The priory was at the collation of the abbot of La Chaise-Dieu in 1366. The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu by the bishop Pierre III de Solignac in 1167.

Useful information :
Mairie - Place Eglise - 43620 SAINT-PAL-DE-MONS
Tel : 04 71 61 01 51 / Fax : 04 71 66 17 40
Email : contact@mairie-saintpaldemons.fr
Net www.mairie-saintpaldemons.fr

SAINT-PAL-DE-MONS (Saint-Julien-de-la-Tourette)

The Saint-Julien Priory was located 75 km from La Chaise-Dieu. The rural priory, without charge of souls, was known in 1294. The prior raised tithes in some hamlets along the banks of the Dunière. The prior raised taxes in the same villages. He was lord vigilante for his censitaires, the execution of the sentences of death and mutilation belonging to the lord of La Tour (1294) who received custody fees.

Useful information :
Mairie - Place Eglise - 43620 SAINT-PAL-DE-MONS
Tel : 04 71 61 01 51 / Fax : 04 71 66 17 40
Email : contact@mairie-saintpaldemons.fr
Net www.mairie-saintpaldemons.fr

SAINT-PAL-DE-SENOUIRE

The simple priory Saint-Paul was at the diocese of Puy (Le Puy-en-Velay - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43).
Known in 1275, he was then united to the sacristy and not to the chamber. He had to go to the chamber in the sixteenth century.
The tithes of Saint-Pal-de-Senouire were given to La Chaise-Dieu between 1244 and 1273 by Odilon de Mercoeur, dean of the Brioude chapter (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43), whose family belonged to the castle of Murs. For centuries, and despite the disputes, tithes were divided between the prior for three quarters and the priest (who was at the presentation of the lay lord) for a quarter, until in 1787 they were abandoned entirely to the pastor.

 

 

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43160 SAINT-PAL-DE-SENOUIRE
Tel : 04 71 00 91 93 / Fax : 04 71 00 11 17
Email : mairie-stpaldesenouire@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-PAUL-DE-TARTAS

The Saint-Paul priory was located 75 km from La Chaise-Dieu in the diocese of Viviers (FRANCE - Ardèche - 07). It was mentioned in 1184. It was joined to the abbey church in 1310. The prior had the patronage of the cures of Saint-Paul-de-Tartas in the thirteenth century, Pradelles and Saint Arcons de Barges early sixteenth century (all FRANCE - Haute- Loire - 43). The prior was decimator at Saint-Paul-de-Tartas, Saint Arcons and Barges (1234), Pradelles (1231) and Beaune (1246) (all FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). The prieural domain consisted mainly of pastures in the XIIIth century. The prior was lord ruler of Saint-Paul-de-Tartas.

Useful information :
Mairie - Rue Mairie - 43420 SAINT-PAUL-DE-TARTAS
Tel : 04 71 00 81 44 / Fax : 04 71 00 88 49
Email : mairie.stpauldetartas@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.saint-paul-de-tartas.fr

SAINT-PIERRE-EYNAC

The priory Saint-Pierre was 59 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was founded and endowed by Draguinet, lord of Chapteuil (Saint-Julien Chapteuil - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43) and Eynac (Saint-Pierre-d'Eynac - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43), in 1071. The priory maintained 2 monks. The church was given by Draguinet "for the redemption of his sins" in 1071. The prior presented the cure in the fifteenth century.
The endowment of the priory included two houses in Saint-Pierre-Eynac, with their dependencies, their near and 2 fields. To better ensure the independence of the priory, the founder had abandoned custody to the abbot of La Chaise-Dieu.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43260 SAINT-PIERRE-EYNAC
Tel : 04 71 03 00 56 / Fax : 04 71 57 69 41
Email : commune-stpierre-eynac@orange.fr

SAINT-PREJET-D'ALLIER

The priory Saint-Préjet was 62 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was known in 1274. The priory maintained 2 monks. The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu by the bishop in 1145. The prior presented to the cure in the 17th century. The prior was decimator. The prior lord of Saint-Préjet had a censive throughout the parish. His domain consisted mainly of meadows.

Useful information :
Mairie - 13 rue de la Croix - 43580 SAINT-PREJET-D'ALLIER
Tel/Fax : 04 71 74 43 09
Email : mairie@saintprejetdallier.com
Net : saintprejetdallier.com

SAINT-PREJET-D'ALLIER (La Valette)

The chapel depended on the church of Thoras (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43) (1238), it quickly disappeared.

Useful information :
Mairie - 13 rue de la Croix - 43580 SAINT-PREJET-D'ALLIER
Tel/Fax : 04 71 74 43 09
Email : mairie@saintprejetdallier.com
Net : saintprejetdallier.com

SAINT-PREJET-D'ALLIER (Le Peuch)

The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu in 1145 by the bishop, at the presentation of the abbot in 1302.

Useful information :
Mairie - 13 rue de la Croix - 43580 SAINT-PREJET-D'ALLIER
Tel/Fax : 04 71 74 43 09
Email : mairie@saintprejetdallier.com
Net : saintprejetdallier.com

SAINT-PRIVAT-D'ALLIER

The priory Saint-Privat in the diocese of Puy (Le Puy-en-Velay - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43), was located 47 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was known from the time of Father Aimeric 1102-1111. It was united to the deanery following the accession to this office of the prior Géraud d'Ongles (1338-1342) and, at his death, to the conventual monastery. The priory kept the prior and a monk. The church was from the patronage of the prior, XV century, at least from 1348 to 1705.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43580 SAINT-PRIVAT-D'ALLIER
Tel : 04 71 57 22 13 / Fax : 04 71 57 25 96
Email : info@mairie-saintprivatdallier.fr
Net : www.mairie-saintprivatdallier.fr

SAINT-ROMAIN-LACHALM

The church was under the patronage of the priory Saint-Martin (Dunières - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). The prior was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43620 SAINT-ROMAIN-LACHALM
Tel : 04 71 61 00 08 / Fax : 04 71 61 14 80
Email : mairie-st-romain@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.saint-romain-lachalm.fr

SAINT-VERT

The priory Saint Jean was in the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - France - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), then St Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15). It was located 22 km from La Chaise-Dieu.
Known in 1260, he was already united in the infirmary. The church was the patron of the prior (early fourteenth century) at least since 1277 and until 1745. The prior had a censive live. He had all justice recognized in 1260 by the lord of Chateauneuf who had the execution of the sentences of high justice. Many conflicts opposed prior and lord, in 1315 and 1334 where it was specified that the custody of the priory belonged to Châteauneuf in 1409 when the seneschal of Auvergne condemned the lord for its usurpations. The prior had a strong house rebuilt at the end of the 15th century.

 

 

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43440 SAINT-VERT
Tel : 04 71 76 32 63 / Fax : 04 71 76 39 41
Email : mairie-saintvert@orange.fr

SAINT-VICTOR-MALESCOURS

The church was under the patronage of the priory Saint-Martin (Dunières - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). It depended on the priory from 1184. The prior was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43140 SAINT-VICTOR-MALESCOURS
Tel : 04 71 61 05 09 / Fax : 04 71 61 15 46
Email : commune.stvictormalescours@orange.fr

SAINTE-MARGUERITE

The priory Sainte-Marguerite was in the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - France - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), then St Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15). It was located 20 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known at the beginning of the 14th century, it was united to Mazérat (Mazérat-Aurouze - FRANCE- Haute-Loire -43) and like this one to the chamber. The prior had the patronage of the church of Saint-Etienne at the beginning of the 14th century, and at least from 1507 to 1724. The prior was decimator at Sainte-Marguerite and Josat (FRANCE- Haute-Loire - 43). The prior had a censive in the parish.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43230 SAINTE-MARGUERITE
Tel/Fax : 04 71 50 32 48
Email : mairiesaintemarguerite@orange.fr

SEMBADEL

The priory Saint-Roch was known in 1233 and 1383.
It was united before 1381 to the abbey mense and in 1549 to the conventual mense.
The prior had the patronage of the Sembadel church in the 15th century. The prior was decimator: 1323. The prior was lord in all justice in Sembadel, Les Salles, La Vernede, the execution of sentences of death and mutilation belonging to the lord of Allègre (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43) according to a transaction of 1314, the said lord holding his rights in fief of the abbot.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43160 SEMBADEL
Tel : 04 71 00 90 62 / Fax : 04 71 00 91 79
Email : mairie.sembadel@wanadoo.fr

SEMBADEL (Saint-Leger)

 

The priory Saint-Léger was located 6 km from La Chaise-Dieu. He was united to the abbey church before 1381.
The prior had the patronage of the church in the 15th century.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43160 SEMBADEL
Tel : 04 71 00 90 62 / Fax : 04 71 00 91 79
Email : mairie.sembadel@wanadoo.fr

 

THORAS

The priory Saint-Jean-Baptiste was located 76 km from La Chaise-Dieu. The priory was united to that of Chanteuges (1272) and like this attached to the abbey church of La Chaise-Dieu (1338).
The prior had the patronage of the churches of Thoras (from 1238, still Casadean in the 17th century), Valletta (Saint-Prejet-D'Allier - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43) and Vazeilles-près-Saugues (FRANCE - Haute- Loire - 43). The prior had tithes and censive. He was co-lord justice for his censitaires (1273) and lived in a stronghold.

 

 

Useful information :

Depuis le 1er janvier 2016, fusion des communes de Croisances et Thoras

Mairie - Le Bourg - 43170 THORAS
Tel : 04 71 74 40 61 / Fax : 04 71 74 42 72
Email : mairiedethoras@orange.fr

VALS-LE-CHASTEL

 

The church depended on the Abbey of La Chaise-Dieu. It was 23 km from La Chaise-Dieu.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43230 VALS-LE-CHASTEL
Tel : 04 71 76 45 11 / Fax : 04 71 76 40 81

VAZEILLES-LIMANDRE

The priory Saint-Pierre was the diocese of Puy (Le-Puy-en-Velay - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). It was located 33 km from La Chaise-Dieu.
Known in 1252, he was united in 1332 to the La Chaise-Dieu's armory. The church was the patronage of the prior in the fifteenth century and in 1604. The prior was decimator except at Beauregard, lordship of the prioress of Comps-Lavaudieu (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43).
The prior was lord of Vazeilles, as succeeding to the rights of the abbot, immediate lord in 1268. By transaction of 1332, "noble and powerful Garin de Sereys, canon of Puy, Lord of the Fort or Vazeilles barn" recognized the rights of the prior notably the low justice, under the high of the lay lord.

Useful information :
Mairie - Vazeilles - 43320 VAZEILLES-LIMANDRE
Tel : 04 71 08 61 81 / Fax : 04 71 08 06 64
Email : mairie.vazeilles.limandre@sfr.fr

VAZEILLES-PRES-SAUGUES

It was an annex chapel of Thoras (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43).

Useful information :

Depuis le 1er janvier 2016, fusion des communes de Esplantas et Vazeilles-Près-Saugues

Mairie - Le Bourg - 43580 Esplantas-Vazeilles
Tel/Fax : 04 71 74 46 57
Courriel : mairievazeillespressaugues@orange

VERGEZAC (Saint-Remy)

The priory Saint-Rémy was in the diocese of Puy (Le Puy-en-Velay - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). It was 41 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1235, it was united in 1320 to that of Bouchet-Saint-Nicolas (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43), then in 1370 to the monastery.
The priory originally maintained the prior and a monk. The church was from the patronage of the prior, 1383, 1681-1712. The prior was lord at Saint-Rémy, Mézeyrac (Mazant-l'Abbaye - FRANCE - Ardèche - 07), the Thiolent (Vergezac), with low justice, under the high of the lord of Montlaur (hamlet of Coucouron - FRANCE - Ardèche - 07), under the terms of the transaction in 1318.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43320 VERGEZAC
Tel : 04 71 08 60 76 / Fax : 04 71 08 68 56
Email : vergezac.mairie@wanadoo.fr

VILLENEUVE D'ALLIER (Rougeac)

It is a terroir of the parish of Saint-Ilpize (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43) which depended on the diocese of Clermont (Clermont-Ferrand - FRANCE - Puy-de-Dôme - 63), then Saint-Flour (FRANCE - Cantal - 15). He was known for his vines, which the nurse Pierre Jouvenroux bought most of the tithes between 1497 and 1504. He bequeathed them to the Friars Preachers of Saint-Flour.

Useful information :
Mairie - Le Bourg - 43390 VILLENEUVE D'ALLIER
Tel/Fax : 04 71 74 71 37
Email : mairie.villeneuvedallier@wanadoo.fr

YSSINGEAUX (Versilhac)

It is a seigneury in the diocese of Puy (Puy-en-Velay - FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43), parish of Yssingeaux (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). It was located 65 km from La Chaise-Dieu, bought in 1371 by Pope Gregory XI and bequeathed to La Chaise-Dieu in 1378. The donation was confirmed by King Charles V in 1372 and by Pope Clement VII in 1380.
This vellave order passed in 1389 to the nurse, sacristan and chamberlain who shared income and justice until 1512 when the sacristan remained the lord of Versilhac.

Useful information :
Mairie - Place du Général de Gaulle - BP 23 - 43200 YSSINGEAUX
Tel : 04 71 65 73 30 / Fax : 04 71 65 55 42
Email : mairie@yssingeaux.fr
Net : www.yssingeaux.fr