Casadian sites of Lozère (48)


BRION

The priory Saint-Jacques was located 125 km from La Chaise-Dieu. The priory, known in 1302, was united with that of Chanteuges (FRANCE - Haute-Loire - 43). The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu by the bishop in 1145. The prior was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie – Village – 48310 BRION
Tel/Fax : 04 66 31 66 65
Email : communedebrion@wanadoo.fr

ESTABLES

The church was from the patronage of the prior of La Chaise-Dieu. It was given to La Chaise-Dieu in 1145, at the presentation of the prior (1255-1744), confirmed early 17th century. The prior of La Chaise-Dieu had tithes to Estables.

Useful information :
Mairie – Village – 48700 ESTABLES
Tel/Fax : 04 66 47 38 34
Email : mairie.estables48700@wanadoo.fr

FLORAC

The priory Saint-Martin was located 166 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1238, it was probably much older. The priory maintained 3 monks. The church belonged to La Chaise-Dieu from 1130. It was confirmed in the Abbey by the Bishop of Mende in 1145. It was the patronage of the prior.
From a very extended spring, it was served by a perpetual vicar and a secondary (17th century). The prior was decimator. The prior of Florac co-lord of the said city and lord of several hamlets nearby had a censive with seigneurial rights of hunting, fishing ; it possessed ordinary oven and mill, and the direct consisted of champart, lods and sales, albergue, on a large number of houses of the borough and of rural funds.
For these goods and rights, the prior was vassal of the lay lord of Florac (1339). The prieural domain included the pre and the source of the Pêcher, the meadow du preieur and 2 events.

Useful information :
Mairie – 2 Place Louis Dides – 48400 FLORAC
Tel : 04 66 45 00 53 / Fax : 04 66 45 01 99
Email : mairieflorac@wanadoo.fr
Net : www.ville-florac.fr

FOURNELS

The priory Notre Dame was located 102 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1302, it was passed by the bishop in the 17th century. The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu by the Bishop of Mende (1145). It was the patronage of the prior in the seventeenth century. The abbot was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie – Place du Foirail – 48310 FOURNELS
Tel : 04 66 31 60 15 / Fax : 04 66 31 60 13
Email : mairiefournels@orange.fr
Net : www.fournels.fr

GRANDVALS

The priory Notre-Dame was located 127 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1302, he was still a casadean in the 17th century. The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu in 1145 by the Bishop of Mende, it remained under the patronage of the prior. From 1309, the priest presented by the abbot took the title of "prior priest" which explains why Grandval was called in the Placard "secular priory". The prior was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie – Village – 48260 GRANDVALS
Tel : 04 66 32 52 43
Email : commune-de-grandvals@orange.fr

LA FAGE-SAINT-JULIEN

The Saint-Julien Priory was located 103 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1302, it was united to that of Termes (FRANCE - Lozère - 48) before 1368. The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu in 1145 by the Bishop of Mende (FRANCE - Lozère - 48). The prior presented to the cure in the seventeenth century. The prior was decimator.

Useful information :
Mairie – Village – 48200 LA-FAGE-SAINT-JULIEN
Tel/Fax : 04 66 31 22 83
Email : mairie.la.fage.st.julien@wanadoo.fr

LA PANOUSE

The priory, of the diocese of Mende (FRANCE - Lozère - 48), was located 93 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1257, it was united in 1359 to that, neighbor, La Villedieu (FRANCE - Lozère - 48), then with La Villedieu, to the monastery in 1477. He maintained before 1359, the prior and 1 cloister. The church was given or confirmed to La Chaise-Dieu by the bishop of Mende in 1145, it remained under the patronage of La Chaise-Dieu in the seventeenth century and until 1741. The prior had tithes throughout the parish, except at Viala, dîmerie of the Chambons Abbey. The prior was lord in all justice in undivided with the lord of Chateauneuf (Chateauneuf-de-Randon - FRANCE - Lozere - 48) (1257), who had the execution of the sentences of the high justice of which he paid homage to La Chaise- God, the prior being himself vassal of Mercoeur for the Panouse. In 1517, La Chaise-Dieu acquired the share of the lordship of Châteauneuf. The domain of the prior included fields, meadows and "mountain" of La Panouse (1304).

Useful information :
Mairie – Village – 48600 LA PANOUSE
Tel : 04 66 46 41 46
Email : mairie.lapanouse@wanadoo.fr

LA VILLEDIEU

The priory of the diocese of Mende (FRANCE - Lozère - 48), was located 96 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Known in 1257, he was united to the conventual monastery in 1477. He maintained in the fourteenth century the prior and a religious. The prior had the patronage of the church of La Villedieu, given or confirmed to La Chaise-Dieu by the Bishop of Mende in 1145, it remained under the patronage of the prior in the seventeenth century, and the church of Estables (FRANCE - Lozère - 48). The prior had tithes at La Villedieu (13th-14th centuries) and Fau-de-Peyre (FRANCE - Lozère - 48), acquired in 1260 from Arnoule d'Aubusson, knight. La Chaise-Dieu also had tithes in Estables. The prior had in 1380, 38 censitaires in La Villedieu and Limousis village Estables, subject to the full justice of the priory. The prior had the ordinary oven, fields, meadows and "mountains" or pastures where transhumant herds of sheep Bas Languedoc.

Useful information :
Mairie – Village – 48700 LA VILLEDIEU
Tel/Fax : 04 66 47 43 08
Email : mairie-lavilledieu@nordnet.fr

LES MONTS-VERTS (regroupement de 3 communes dont ARCOMIE)

The priory Sainte-Madeleine was located 97 km from La Chaise-Dieu. The priory was mentioned in 1505 and again in the 17th century. The church was donated to La Chaise-Dieu in 1145 by the Bishop of Mende (FRANCE - Lozère - 48). The prior was decimator. The prior had direct taxes, with lods and sales, and for estate near.

Useful information :
Mairie – Le Bacon – 48200 LES MONTS-VERTS
Tel : 04 66 31 93 04 / Fax : 04 66 31 94 22
Email : monts-verts.commune@wanadoo.fr

PRUNIERES

The Priory Saint-Caprais was located 90 km from La Chaise-Dieu. He was known in 1280. The priory maintained 2 monks. The church was donated to La Chaise-Dieu by Bishop William III in 1145. It remained under the patronage of the prior in the 17th century. The prior was decimator of the parish, as well as in Chabannes (Pourcharesses), in that of Saint-Alban (Saint-Alban-sur-Limagnole) (all FRANCE - Lozère - 48). The prior raised taxes in Prunières and in many villages in the parishes of Saint-Alban (Saint-Alban-sur-Limagnole), Malzieu (Saint-Léger-de-Malzieu), Saint-Pierre-le-Vieux (all FRANCE - Lozère - 48). Several of these villages owed him chores. He had lods and sales and banalities throughout the parish of Prunières (1277). Everywhere he enjoyed hunting and fishing rights. He shared jurisdiction in 20 hamlets. His estate included meadows, fields and woods.

Useful information :
Mairie – Village – 48200 PRUNIERES
Tel/Fax : 04 66 31 08 77
Email : mairie.prunieres@wanadoo.fr

PRUNIERES (Apcher)

The rural priory Saint-Jean was located 95 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was known in 1238 and still mentioned in the middle of the 16th century. The chapel dates from 1145. The prior was decimator. The prior raised some taxes.

Useful information :
Mairie – Village – 48200 PRUNIERES
Tel/Fax : 04 66 31 08 77
Email : mairie.prunieres@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-DENIS-EN-MARGERIDE

The priory Saint-Denis was located 101 km from La Chaise-Dieu. He was known in 1264. The priory maintained 2 monks. The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu, by the Bishop of Mende (FRANCE - Lozère - 48) in 1145, still under the patronage of the prior in the seventeenth century. The prior was decimator in almost all the parish. The prior had direct taxes, with lods and sales, in Saint-Denis.

Useful information :
Mairie – Village – 48700 SAINT-DENIS-EN-MARGERIDE
Tel/Fax : 04 66 47 38 66
Email : mairiestdenismargeride@orange.fr

SAINT-LEGER-DU-MALZIEU

The priory Saint-Léger was located 85 km from La Chaise-Dieu. He was known in 1269. The priory maintained 2 monks. The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu by the Bishop of Mende (FRANCE - Lozère - 48), in 1145, it remained under the patronage of the prior in the seventeenth century. The prior was decimator. The prior and lord of Saint-Léger had emphyteas not only in Saint-Léger but in many hamlets parishes of Albaret, Blavignac, Saint-Pierre-le-Vieux, the Malzieu. He had the right of low justice over his censitaires with seigniorial rights such as banal oven and bouades, the whole honored to the lord of Mercoeur, haut-justicier (1394).

Useful information :
Mairie – Village – 48140 SAINT-LEGER-DU-MALZIEU
Tel : 04 66 31 59 18 / Fax : 04 66 31 77 75
Email : mairie.stlegerdumalzieu@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-PIERRE-LE-VIEUX

The priory Saint-Pierre was located 89 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was known in 1302. The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu in 1145 by the Bishop of Mende (FRANCE - Lozère - 48), it was still under the patronage of the prior in the seventeenth century. The prior was decimator. The prior had seigneurial rights in Saint-Pierre-le-Vieux.

Useful information :
Mairie – Vareilles – 48200 SAINT-PIERRE-LE-VIEUX
Tel/Fax : 04 66 31 80 08
Email : mairiestpierrelevieux@wanadoo.fr

SAINT-SYMPHORIEN

The priory Saint-Symphorien was located 80 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It was founded in 1306, it was united to Chanteuges (FRANCE - Haute-Loire-43) in 1272. The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu at the end of the XIth century, under the abbot Durand, confirmed in 1145, she was the patronage of the prior in the seventeenth century. The prior was decimator and had live censorship.

Useful information :
Mairie – Village – 48600 SAINT-SYMPHORIEN
Tel : 04 66 46 33 08 / Fax : 04 66 46 33 60
Email : mairie.st.symphorien48@orange.fr
Net : www.mairie-saint-symphorien-lozere.fr

TERMES

The priory Saint-Magne was located 107 km from La Chaise-Dieu. He was known in 1285. The priory maintained 3 monks in 1368, with that of the Fage. The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu by Bishop William III in 1145, it remained under the patronage of the prior in the seventeenth century. The prior was decimator. The prior was lord with complete justice, the execution of the sentences of high justice belonging to the lord of Apcher (FRANCE - Lozère - 48) (1285). The prieural domain included, among others, "the wood of the priors".

Useful information :
Mairie – Village – 48310 TERMES
Tel : 04 66 31 62 52 / Fax : 04 66 31 65 18
Email : mairie.termes.48@orange.fr