The priory Saint-Martin was founded following the abandonment of the church of La Chaise-Dieu by the abbey of Saint-Thibéry (FRANCE - Hérault - 34). It was the conclusion of a long conflict between the two houses over that of Bessan (small monastery) (FRANCE - Herault - 34), to which renounced La Chaise-Dieu (1139). Confirmed at La Chaise-Dieu by John XXII (1325), he was united to the priory of Pezenas (FRANCE - Herault - 34) before 1381.
Useful information :
Mairie - Place de la Mairie - 34530 AUMES
Tel/Fax : 04 67 90 73 84
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The priory of the diocese of Agde (FRANCE - Hérault - 34), was given by the bishop Bérenger to the monastery of Saint-Thibéry (FRANCE - Hérault - 34), but that his successor Bernard gave to La Chaise-Dieu (end of 11th century). The two monasteries disputed it for 33 years; a transaction ended the difference in 1139, Bessan living in Saint-Thibéry, but La Chaise-Dieu receiving the church of Saint-Martin d'Aumes (FRANCE - Hérault - 34).
The Priory St. Vincent was located 277 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Existing in 1116, it was united to that of Poussan (FRANCE - Hérault - 34) and like this one to the conventual monastery of La Chaise-Dieu after 1334. The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu by the bishop of Maguelonne (Villeune-les-Maguelonne - FRANCE - Herault - 34), Godefroy, in 1098. The prior was decimator. The bishop had given La Chaise-Dieu a plot of sixty paces on each side, assigned to the church to make it a lifeguard.
The rural priory, Saint-André, without charge of souls, was located 285 km from La Chaise-Dieu. He was in the diocese of Agde (FRANCE - Hérault - 34), located not far from Mèze. Known from the end of the 14th century to the beginning of the 16th century.
The rural priory, Saint-Etienne, without charge of souls, was located 308 km from La Chaise-Dieu. It existed as early as 1116 and was confirmed at La Chaise-Dieu by Benedict XII in 1335.
The Priory Saint-Pierre was located 310 km from La Chaise-Dieu, it was known from 1116. The priory maintained four monks. The church was the patronage of the prior. The prior had as annex the priory of Aumes (FRANCE - Hérault - 34).
The Saint-Pierre priory of the diocese of Maguelonne (Villeune-les-Maguelonne - FRANCE - Hérault - 34), was located 283 km from La Chaise-Dieu. Founded after 1116, it was united with the conventual monastery in 1334, the abbot reserving the royalties due to him. The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu in 1116 by the bishop of Maguelonne, Gautier, with that of Saint Sulpice de Thoron in Poussan, under payment of an annual fee at the church of Maguelonne. The church was from the patronage of the prior in 1392 and again in 1729. The prior was decimator in 1447. The prior was lord partly of Poussan with cens, carriages, maneuvers, lods and sales, hunting rights and perhaps justice.
The church was given to La Chaise-Dieu with that of Poussan in 1116, mentioned in the 14th - 15th century.
Poussan was the starting point of the mule caravan which by Concoules (FRANCE - Gard - 30) and the upper valley of the Allier, supplied the abbey with southern and exotic products.
The Priory Saint-Félix, located 287 km from La Chaise-Dieu, was known in 1246. The house was originally a priory-cure. The cure was endowed in 1471 by the prior Jean de la Roche who gave him an annual rent, plus the enjoyment of a garden and land to build a cure. The prior was decimator for half, the other half of the tithes returning to the bishop. The prior had a censive, and his emphyteus made him recognitions from 1246 to 1454.
Useful information :
Mairie - Village - 34520 SAINT-FELIX-DE-L’HERAS
Tel : 04 67 44 51 87