Casadian sites of the Yonne (89)


ANDRYES

The conventual priory Saint-Robert was located 320 km from La Chaise-Dieu. A monastery was founded at the end of the sixth century or the beginning of the seventh century by the disciples of Saint-Romain, forced to flee that of Druyes (Druyes-les-Belles-Fontaines - FRANCE -Yonne - 89). What remained of it was given to La Chaise-Dieu in 1067 by the Bishop of Auxerre (FRANCE - Yonne - 89)) Geoffroy de Champallement. The priory was united in 1735 to the Chartreuse of Basseville (Chartreuse Our Lady of Val Saint-Jean-de-Basseville - Pousseaux - FRANCE - Nièvre - 58). The priory maintained six monks. The church was the patron of the prior in the fourteenth century and those of Druyes-les-Belles-Fontaines and Surgy.
The prior was decimator to Andryes, Druyes and Surgy. The prior was Lord of Andryes, in all justice. He had the right to drill, "bourdelage", a sort of mortmain. The prior could take over the tenure in case of non-payment of the three years of royalty. In 1255, the monks granted the inhabitants a franchise charter removing bourdelage and size. The priory kept the woods and their use, the tithe and a middle-class tax of five sous per house.

Useful information :
Mairie - 2 rue de la Mairie - 89480 ANDRYES
Tel : 03 86 81 72 36 / Fax : 03 86 81 83 76
Email : mairieandryes@wanadoo.fr

DRUYES-LES-BELLES-FONTAINES

The church was under the patronage of the prior of Saint-Robert d'Andryes (FRANCE - Yonne - 89) in the fourteenth century. The prior was decimator.

Useful information :

Mairie
2 place du 8 Mai 1945
89560 DRUYES LES BELLES FONTAINES
Tel : 03 86 41 53 61
Email : mairie-druyes-les-belles-fontaines@wanadoo.fr